I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 나눔파워볼 ▼ 접속 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 5 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 6 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 9 Victoria Island
- 10 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 11 Accommodation in halifax
- 12 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 13 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 14 Two week taster
- 15 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 16 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 17 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 18 Translink and itinerary questions
- 19 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 20 Montreal Restaurants
- 21 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 22 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 25 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please