I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 1/844/332/7095 Toll Free Yahoo Email Support in Canada For Tech Help!
- 2 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 3 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 4 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 5 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 6 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 7 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 8 Keltic Lodge
- 9 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 10 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 11 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 12 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 13 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 14 Icefields Parkway
- 15 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 19 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 20 Banff to Jasper and back
- 21 Canmore for a few days
- 22 The Canadian
- 23 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 24 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 25 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta