I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Paragliding in the Whistler BC area
- 2 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 3 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 4 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 5 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 6 3 days in europe
- 7 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 8 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 9 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 10 Quebec province GTG?
- 11 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 12 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 13 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 14 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 15 Best hikes in Banff
- 16 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 17 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 18 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 19 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 20 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 21 Nova Scotia hotels
- 22 3 full days in and round Banff
- 23 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 24 Montreal / Quebec City trip
- 25 From Vancouver to Halifax - how best to travel