I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://getmenshealth.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 2 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 3 http://avoirantiaging.com/skinelement/
- 4 Niagra Falls
- 5 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 6 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 7 First Time Trip to Canada
- 8 Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City Errata
- 9 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 10 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 11 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 12 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 13 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 14 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 15 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 16 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 17 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 18 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 19 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 20 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 21 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 22 Road Trip to Calgary
- 23 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 24 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 25 Thousand Islands - Must Dos