I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit Without A Car
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Waterton National Park
- 2 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 3 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 4 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 5 Montreal Questions
- 6 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 7 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 8 Romantic destination in Canada
- 9 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 10 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 11 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 12 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 13 Vancouver
- 14 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 15 Jasper and Banff
- 16 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 17 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 18 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 19 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 20 Nova Scotia
- 21 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 22 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 23 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 24 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 25 Great Lakes Car Ferries