I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit Without A Car
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 2 Toronto: where to stay?
- 3 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 4 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 5 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 10 Heli skiing in March
- 11 Toronto lodgings
- 12 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 13 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 14 rockies in september
- 15 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 Viking Trail
- 18 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 19 Quebec City trip.report
- 20 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 21 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 22 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 25 Victoria Dining