I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cycling and wild camping Canot Trail
- 2 Magog, Lac-Brome, Sutton or ??
- 3 Thanksgiving in Canada
- 4 Travelling alberta
- 5 RV trip to Alberta to see Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper,etc.
- 6 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 7 Romantic Dine and Dance Vancouver
- 8 Jasper
- 9 day trip to Victoria
- 10 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 11 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 12 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 13 Newfoundland in July
- 14 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 15 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 16 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 17 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 18 Family vacation
- 19 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 20 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 21 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 22 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 23 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 24 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 25 Calgary Stampede