I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit Without A Car
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 thalassa restaurant
- 2 Advice trip to Canada
- 3 9 days newfoundland
- 4 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 5 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 6 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 7 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 8 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 9 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 10 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 11 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 12 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 13 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 14 Help us see Vancouver island
- 15 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 16 Journey series CAD
- 17 Madrid or Montreal
- 18 Help with Kelowna
- 19 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 20 9 nights in Nfld
- 21 10 days in The Maritimes
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Vancouver
- 24 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 25 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see