I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 2 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia