I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 2 Temporary residency in Canada
- 3 water filtration
- 4 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 5 Western Canada in August
- 6 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 7 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 8 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 9 Jasper with two elderly
- 10 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 11 Dempster highway in early September
- 12 jasper
- 13 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 14 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 15 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 16 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 17 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 18 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 19 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 20 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 21 Banff
- 22 St John's, NL Camping?
- 23 Christmas in Quebec City
- 24 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 25 Vancouver for Christmas