I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit Without A Car
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Rockies to Vancouver
- 3 season greetings
- 4 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 5 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Alberta????
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 10 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 11 Wifi rental
- 12 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 13 Short term lodging
- 14 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 15 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 16 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 17 Vancouver top restaurant
- 18 Montreal Entertainment
- 19 Heli skiing in March
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 22 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 23 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 24 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 25 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies