I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver 4 days
- 2 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 3 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 4 Do I need a rental car for travel to Seattle and Vancouver (Sept 2016)?
- 5 Trip to Tornoto
- 6 Marvellous Montreal
- 7 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 8 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 9 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 10 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 11 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 12 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 13 Gettinng around Jasper
- 14 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 15 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 16 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 17 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 18 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 19 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 20 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 21 Vancouver customs time??
- 22 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 23 Cell Phones in Canada
- 24 Trip to winnipeg
- 25 Canada Honeymoon Itinerary for the Kiwis! (5 weeks)