I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HarrisWaterproofing
- 2 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 3 Vancouver for Christmas
- 4 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 5 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 6 Victoria?
- 7 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 8 Marvellous Montreal
- 9 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 10 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 11 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 12 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 13 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 16 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 17 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 18 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 19 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 20 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 21 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 22 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 23 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 24 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 25 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town