I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit Without A Car
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 2 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 3 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 4 Quebec City trip.report
- 5 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 6 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 7 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 8 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 9 Quebic City or Montreal
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October