I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 travel to Montreal/Quebec City in July
- 2 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 3 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 4 Maritimes Itinerary
- 5 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 6 Montreal Winery area
- 7 Water park near Toronto
- 8 4 days in Newfoundland
- 9 Banff or Jasper
- 10 road trip Phila to Toronto
- 11 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 12 which hotel in Vancouver
- 13 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 14 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 15 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 16 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 17 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 18 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 19 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 20 Jasper Day Hikes
- 21 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 22 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 23 Montreal for 4 days
- 24 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 25 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?