I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 麦考瑞大学MQU毕业证Q/微信859961735办理成绩单学历认证 Macquarie University
- 2 Ottawa recs?
- 3 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 4 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 5 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 6 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 7 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 8 Granville Island
- 9 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 10 Good eats and car question NS
- 11 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 12 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 13 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 14 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 15 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 16 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 17 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 18 car needed in Vancouver?
- 19 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 20 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 21 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 22 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?
- 23 2 weeks in maritime provinces
- 24 YYZ Transit Lounge
- 25 10 days in NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?