I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 ╱专╱╱【ADM856.ＣoＭ】╱╱专╱코리아카지노
- 2 travel to Montreal/Quebec City in July
- 3 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 4 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 5 Maritimes Itinerary
- 6 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 7 Montreal Winery area
- 8 Water park near Toronto
- 9 4 days in Newfoundland
- 10 Banff or Jasper
- 11 road trip Phila to Toronto
- 12 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 13 which hotel in Vancouver
- 14 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 15 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 16 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 17 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 18 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 19 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 20 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 21 Jasper Day Hikes
- 22 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 23 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 24 Montreal for 4 days
- 25 Montreal hotel on level ground
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?