I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 2 Car travel from jasper to vancouver via whistler
- 3 Buying a wheelchair in Toronto
- 4 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 5 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 6 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 7 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 8 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 9 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 10 Victoria
- 11 Help us see Vancouver island
- 12 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 13 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 14 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 15 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 16 NOTL weather in Sept
- 17 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 18 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 19 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 20 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 21 birthday trip
- 22 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 23 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 24 Best hikes in Banff
- 25 Hotels in Toronto