I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 2 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 3 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 4 quebec
- 5 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 Alberta Wildfires
- 8 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 9 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 10 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 11 Niagara Falls Canada
- 12 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 13 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 14 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 15 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 16 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 17 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 18 Grouse or Whistler?
- 19 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 20 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 21 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 22 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 23 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August
- 24 Restaurants inWhistler
- 25 Favourite destination in Canada?