I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 2 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 3 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 4 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 5 Best place for wedding flowers
- 6 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 7 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 8 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 9 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 10 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 11 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 12 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 13 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 14 hotel in vancouver
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?