I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 2 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 5 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 6 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 7 Itinerary feedback, please
- 8 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 9 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 10 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 11 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 12 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 13 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 14 Best Way
- 15 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 16 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 17 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 18 Bay of Fundy
- 19 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 20 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 21 First trip to Vancouver
- 22 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 23 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 24 Alberta Trip_2017
- 25 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?