I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 York :YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:855:999:8045 YAHOO Tec*h SU*PP0RT
- 2 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 3 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 4 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 5 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 6 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 7 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 8 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 9 Traveling with your bike
- 10 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 11 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 12 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 13 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 14 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 15 Alberta Trip_2017
- 16 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 17 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 18 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 19 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 20 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 21 Baseball
- 22 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 23 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 24 Transportation from airport for 7
- 25 calgary to vancover 10days
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?