I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 2 Northern Lights
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Flying from Toronto to London
- 5 Rental car
- 6 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 7 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 8 Montreal in April
- 9 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 10 Cross country drive
- 11 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 14 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 15 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 16 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 17 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 18 First family trip to Toronto.
- 19 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 20 Calgary Stampede
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 23 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 24 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 25 Canadian Rockies photography
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?