I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Tours
- 3 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 4 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 5 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 6 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 7 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 8 Gaspe
- 9 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 10 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 11 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 12 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 13 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 14 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 15 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 17 Alberta Wildfires
- 18 Niagara Falls Canada
- 19 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 20 Fresh Fruit from US
- 21 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 22 quebec
- 23 Jet to Victoria
- 24 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 25 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants