I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BUY PASSPORT,ID'S,DRIVER'S LICENSES,SSN,DIPLOMAS,US GREEN CARDS,FAKE MONEY,
- 2 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Newfoundland in July
- 5 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 6 Jasper
- 7 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 8 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 9 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 10 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 11 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 12 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 13 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 14 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 15 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 16 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 17 Calgary Stampede
- 18 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 19 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 20 11 Day Road trip
- 21 Canada - 1st time
- 22 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 23 Halifax port restaurants
- 24 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 25 Road Trip Help
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?