I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Best offer on lenses and glasses in Bradford.
- 2 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 3 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 4 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 5 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 6 Quebec to yarmouth
- 7 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 8 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 9 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 10 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 11 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 12 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 13 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 14 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 15 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 16 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 17 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 18 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 19 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 20 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 21 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 22 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 23 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 24 Pearson Airport logistics
- 25 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?