Hi. I am planning a 12 day camping trip to Newfoundland, and I am not sure where to start. We are a family of 5 (children ages 15, 13, 12) and we will be flying into either Deer Lake or St. John's (flexible) and renting a van. We are bringing all our camping gear with us for tenting. We'd love some advice on the best campgrounds, and ideas for an itinerary. We enjoy hiking, nature, local culture, and would like to try kayaking. Last year we did the Oregon Coast and we loved it so much that the kids wanted to do it again this year. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Camping in Newfoundland
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 2 Polar Bears with 4-year old???
- 3 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 Northwest Territories in the summer
- 5 Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
- 6 Vancouver and other places in August
- 7 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 8 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 9 North Vancouver Island
- 10 Rockies trip in June.
- 11 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 12 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 13 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 14 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 15 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 16 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 17 Need tips for this trip
- 18 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 19 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 22 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 23 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 24 Newfoundland questions
- 25 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.