Hi. I am planning a 12 day camping trip to Newfoundland, and I am not sure where to start. We are a family of 5 (children ages 15, 13, 12) and we will be flying into either Deer Lake or St. John's (flexible) and renting a van. We are bringing all our camping gear with us for tenting. We'd love some advice on the best campgrounds, and ideas for an itinerary. We enjoy hiking, nature, local culture, and would like to try kayaking. Last year we did the Oregon Coast and we loved it so much that the kids wanted to do it again this year. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Camping in Newfoundland
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 iPhone in Canada
- 2 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 3 Canada in winter
- 4 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 5 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 6 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 7 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 8 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 9 Victoria Dining
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 12 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 14 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 15 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 16 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 17 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 18 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 19 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 20 how to search for owls in winter
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Help us see Vancouver island
- 23 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 24 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 25 Lodging in Lake Louise