My husband and I are spending two weeks camping in Newfoundland this summer (late July/early August). We will visit Trinity area, Twillingate area and Gros Morne. Our preference is not to book sites in advance to allow us maximum flexibility. We like to go with the flow as much as possible. We drive a westy camper van and usually stay in provincial or national parks because we like "low tech" camping. (We just graduated to our little van after years of tenting.) While there are always some "first come, first served" sites in these parks, I don't know how risky it is to count on them in peak season. Do we need to reserve sites, or is it safe to wing it? BTW - thanks to all of you posting on your Newfoundland trips, great info!
Camping Advice for Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 thalassa restaurant
- 2 Advice trip to Canada
- 3 9 days newfoundland
- 4 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 5 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 6 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 7 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 8 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 9 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 10 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 11 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 12 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 13 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 14 Help us see Vancouver island
- 15 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 16 Journey series CAD
- 17 Madrid or Montreal
- 18 Help with Kelowna
- 19 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 20 9 nights in Nfld
- 21 10 days in The Maritimes
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Vancouver
- 24 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 25 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see