My husband and I are spending two weeks camping in Newfoundland this summer (late July/early August). We will visit Trinity area, Twillingate area and Gros Morne. Our preference is not to book sites in advance to allow us maximum flexibility. We like to go with the flow as much as possible. We drive a westy camper van and usually stay in provincial or national parks because we like "low tech" camping. (We just graduated to our little van after years of tenting.) While there are always some "first come, first served" sites in these parks, I don't know how risky it is to count on them in peak season. Do we need to reserve sites, or is it safe to wing it? BTW - thanks to all of you posting on your Newfoundland trips, great info!
Camping Advice for Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Interactive Documentary about Toronto Night Life
- 2 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 3 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 4 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 5 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 6 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 7 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 8 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 9 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 10 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 11 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 12 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 13 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 14 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 15 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 16 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 17 2 days in Vancouver
- 18 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 19 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 20 8 days in NL
- 21 Montreal transportation pass
- 22 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 23 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 24 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 25 Newfoundland tent camping