It's holiday planning time...
One serious option for our 2016 summer trip would be from Calgary to Vancouver Island to Vancouver.
Our working schedule would have 5 "chapters" (1x Rocky Mountains, 3x Vancouver Island, 1x Vancouver), each of a certain duration, as follows:
D-01: flight and arrival at Calgary
D-02, 03, 04, 05: departure from Calgary via Jasper, Tête Jaune Cache and Kamloops towards Vancouver, visit of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
D-05 in the evening, arrival at Vancouver somewhere close for the ferry to Vancouver Island the next day.
D-06: arrival on Vancouver Island, destination 1, for 3 nights.
D-09: destination 2 for 4 nights.
D-13: destination 3 for 4 nights.
D-17: transfert to Vancouver (city) for 5 nights, to visit and enjoy the city summer life.
Our "politics" behind this schedule are:
- Inbound on Calgary, outbound from Vancouver, the other way round is not possible, Vancouver City comes at the end of the trip.
- We only take one car rental, and we don’t need a car in Vancouver city.
- We appreciate longer stays at each base point, just to have a swim, read a book, do nothing other than sip a local brew,... although we know that one night stays are sometimes inevitable.
- General interests: 1 to 3 hours hikes during the day (but not every day!!!), enjoy natural and cultural heritage, fine eating especially fish and seafruit-shellfish, do nothing at the swimming pool
- Canadian Rockies part, a hike in some NP is mandatory…
- On Vancouver Island, we take 3 base points to cover the "close neighbourhood" with daytrips.
General appreciation regarding the number of “chapters” and the days accorded?
Do we need 3 different spots on Vancouver Island, or 2, eventually longer than 4 nights? Any suggestions where?
Suggestions of nice spots for the entire trip?
Fire away please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4us.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 4 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 5 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 6 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 7 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 8 Best Jasper Campground
- 9 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 10 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 11 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 12 Victoria in December
- 13 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 14 Opportunity for business loan
- 15 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 16 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 17 Nova Scotia - October
- 18 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 19 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 20 Across Canada by Train
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 23 Nova Scotia
- 24 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 25 Eating lobster
Calgary/VancouverIsland/Vancouver trip, 3 weeks, first schedule