It's holiday planning time...
One serious option for our 2016 summer trip would be from Calgary to Vancouver Island to Vancouver.
Our working schedule would have 5 "chapters" (1x Rocky Mountains, 3x Vancouver Island, 1x Vancouver), each of a certain duration, as follows:
D-01: flight and arrival at Calgary
D-02, 03, 04, 05: departure from Calgary via Jasper, Tête Jaune Cache and Kamloops towards Vancouver, visit of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
D-05 in the evening, arrival at Vancouver somewhere close for the ferry to Vancouver Island the next day.
D-06: arrival on Vancouver Island, destination 1, for 3 nights.
D-09: destination 2 for 4 nights.
D-13: destination 3 for 4 nights.
D-17: transfert to Vancouver (city) for 5 nights, to visit and enjoy the city summer life.
Our "politics" behind this schedule are:
- Inbound on Calgary, outbound from Vancouver, the other way round is not possible, Vancouver City comes at the end of the trip.
- We only take one car rental, and we don’t need a car in Vancouver city.
- We appreciate longer stays at each base point, just to have a swim, read a book, do nothing other than sip a local brew,... although we know that one night stays are sometimes inevitable.
- General interests: 1 to 3 hours hikes during the day (but not every day!!!), enjoy natural and cultural heritage, fine eating especially fish and seafruit-shellfish, do nothing at the swimming pool
- Canadian Rockies part, a hike in some NP is mandatory…
- On Vancouver Island, we take 3 base points to cover the "close neighbourhood" with daytrips.
General appreciation regarding the number of “chapters” and the days accorded?
Do we need 3 different spots on Vancouver Island, or 2, eventually longer than 4 nights? Any suggestions where?
Suggestions of nice spots for the entire trip?
Fire away please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Security Remove Reedit
- 2 canadian outlets
- 3 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 4 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 5 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 6 Toronto to Gros Morne National Park
- 7 BC road trip advice
- 8 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Ottawa transportation question
- 11 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 12 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 13 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 14 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 15 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 16 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 17 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 18 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 19 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 20 Traveling with your bike
- 21 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 22 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 23 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 24 Alberta Trip_2017
- 25 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
Calgary/VancouverIsland/Vancouver trip, 3 weeks, first schedule