We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 2 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 3 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 4 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 5 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 6 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 7 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 8 Victoria Island
- 9 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 10 Accommodation in halifax
- 11 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 12 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 13 Two week taster
- 14 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 15 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 16 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 17 Translink and itinerary questions
- 18 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 19 Montreal Restaurants
- 20 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 21 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 22 Bay of Fundy
- 23 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 24 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 25 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure