We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Calgary to Vancouver in April
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days