We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 2 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 3 Best places in Toronto
- 4 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 5 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 6 Victoria, Canada
- 7 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 8 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 9 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 10 Newfoundland in early June
- 11 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 12 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 13 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 14 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 15 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 16 Nova Scotia in July
- 17 Cape Breton in early June
- 18 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 19 Magdalen Islands
- 20 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 21 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 22 Passport question for Int flight
- 23 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 24 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 25 Icefields Parkway