We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Calgary to Vancouver in April
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL