We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 2 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 6 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 7 Small group tour for my parents
- 8 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 9 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 10 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 11 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 12 Itinerary feedback, please
- 13 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 14 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 15 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 16 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 17 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 18 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 19 Best Way
- 20 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 21 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 22 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 25 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group