We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 4 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 5 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 6 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 7 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card