We're from overseas, and will be in Calgary in early April visiting relatives. We're planning to drive from Calgary to Vancouver over 2-3 days, and are aware that the area is awesome and we should ideally have a week or two. However, due to certain constrains 2-3 days is all we have.
Would appreciate any advice, regarding the route to take, where to stop, things to see/do along the way, etc. Is it possible to include Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise in the route? Are road conditions manageable? (We have no experience driving in wintry conditions).
Or should we just drop the idea of driving, and take a train or bus instead?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 car seat requirements in Canada for kids
- 2 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 3 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 4 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 5 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 6 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 9 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 10 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 11 Quebec to yarmouth
- 12 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 13 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 14 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 15 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 16 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 17 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 18 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 19 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 20 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 21 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 22 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 23 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics