Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOV-XfleEQ
- 2 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 3 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 4 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 5 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 6 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 7 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 8 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 9 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 10 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 11 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 12 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 13 Road Trip to Calgary
- 14 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 15 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 16 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 17 Thousand Islands - Hiking
- 18 Seattle/ONP/Vancouver/Whistler
- 19 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 20 Eating lobster
- 21 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 22 PEI Beach rentals and local eateries
- 23 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 24 Michigan to Quebec City road trip w/ an infant
- 25 Customs Question