Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 2 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?