Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 10-day round trip NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI starting and ending in Halifax
- 2 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 3 12 day trip thru New Brunswick
- 4 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 5 Anyone flying from Quebec City to the States in August?
- 6 NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI
- 7 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 8 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 9 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 10 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 11 Driving to Vancouver from Calgary
- 12 Ottawa recs?
- 13 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 14 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 15 car needed in Vancouver?
- 16 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 17 Flying into Calgary for 3 days
- 18 Anyone flying to the States from Quebec City in August?
- 19 Suggestions for 8 day itinerary to Nova Scotia
- 20 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 21 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 22 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 23 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 24 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 25 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss