Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy high-quality real passports, ID cards, and Licenses online
- 2 Marvellous Montreal
- 3 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 4 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 5 Trip to Tornoto
- 6 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 7 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 8 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 9 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 10 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 11 Gettinng around Jasper
- 12 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 13 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 14 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 15 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 16 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 17 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 18 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 19 Vancouver customs time??
- 20 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 21 Cell Phones in Canada
- 22 Trip to winnipeg
- 23 Canada Honeymoon Itinerary for the Kiwis! (5 weeks)
- 24 things to see between fredricton and riviere du loup
- 25 Help with 3 week photo trip to Canadian Maritimes plus