Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 2 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 3 Toronto: where to stay?
- 4 Vancouver top restaurant
- 5 Montreal Entertainment
- 6 Heli skiing in March
- 7 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 8 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 9 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 10 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 11 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 14 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 15 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 16 Toronto lodgings
- 17 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 18 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 19 rockies in september
- 20 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 21 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 22 Viking Trail
- 23 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 24 Quebec City trip.report
- 25 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz