Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Who has made a Resolution to see the Red Sided Garter Snake Migration?
- 2 Help us see Vancouver island
- 3 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 4 Montreal Jazz Festival
- 5 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 6 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 7 Corporate party
- 8 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 11 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 12 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 13 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 14 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 15 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 16 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 17 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 18 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 19 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 20 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 23 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 24 8 days in NL
- 25 Montreal transportation pass