I need to get to Ottawa,as I have discovered I have a cousin living there,I can not tell you how excited I am
We arrive in Toronto this time next week and staying at the Sheraton ,we have already booked a car and another hotel for our trip to Niagara falls,but that could be changed without a great deal of effort .
We had just about sorted out what we were going to do and when, and this lovely surprise has pop out of the blue and I would love to meet up with them, this is an opportunity to great to miss.
They have very kindly offered to let us stay with them as they have a guest room ,however we would not want to be a bother to them , so any suggestion for a nice hotel in Ottawa?I hope they will not be offended,husband is worried that they may be .
I have had a look at the travel options for Ottawa and it seem as if driving or train may be the best choice,flying is really expensive and would blow the budget at this late stage.however if all else failed the credit card would have to cope !Time is an issue as we only have 10 days and I am sure that is going to whizz by .
What do you all think?How is the drive to Ottawa?looking on Goggle map it looks like a long but relatively easy drive,of course we will be driving on the wrong side of the road for us :-0 .
What about the train journey would that be better ?
We would be looking at leaving Toronto early morning one day and returning the following day late evening maybe leaving Ottawa early evening ,or maybe we should stay two nights.My cousin has offered to be our guide and pick us up from the train station so transport in Ottawa is not an issue (I really do not fancy driving around Ottawa or Toronto city's if I can help it)I am edging towards driving as that would give up greatest flexibility,but I would appreciate all or any advice as my head is spinning,my cousin only made contact with me a week ago so we are trying to sort it out sooner rather than later .
So it looks as if I will now be going to Toronto ,the Falls ,and Ottawa .
Thank you Liz
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip to Tornoto
- 2 Vancouver 4 days
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 5 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 6 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 7 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 8 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 9 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 10 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 11 Gettinng around Jasper
- 12 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 13 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 14 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 15 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 16 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 17 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 18 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 19 Vancouver customs time??
- 20 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 21 Cell Phones in Canada
- 22 Trip to winnipeg
- 23 Canada Honeymoon Itinerary for the Kiwis! (5 weeks)
- 24 things to see between fredricton and riviere du loup
- 25 Help with 3 week photo trip to Canadian Maritimes plus