I need to get to Ottawa,as I have discovered I have a cousin living there,I can not tell you how excited I am
We arrive in Toronto this time next week and staying at the Sheraton ,we have already booked a car and another hotel for our trip to Niagara falls,but that could be changed without a great deal of effort .
We had just about sorted out what we were going to do and when, and this lovely surprise has pop out of the blue and I would love to meet up with them, this is an opportunity to great to miss.
They have very kindly offered to let us stay with them as they have a guest room ,however we would not want to be a bother to them , so any suggestion for a nice hotel in Ottawa?I hope they will not be offended,husband is worried that they may be .
I have had a look at the travel options for Ottawa and it seem as if driving or train may be the best choice,flying is really expensive and would blow the budget at this late stage.however if all else failed the credit card would have to cope !Time is an issue as we only have 10 days and I am sure that is going to whizz by .
What do you all think?How is the drive to Ottawa?looking on Goggle map it looks like a long but relatively easy drive,of course we will be driving on the wrong side of the road for us :-0 .
What about the train journey would that be better ?
We would be looking at leaving Toronto early morning one day and returning the following day late evening maybe leaving Ottawa early evening ,or maybe we should stay two nights.My cousin has offered to be our guide and pick us up from the train station so transport in Ottawa is not an issue (I really do not fancy driving around Ottawa or Toronto city's if I can help it)I am edging towards driving as that would give up greatest flexibility,but I would appreciate all or any advice as my head is spinning,my cousin only made contact with me a week ago so we are trying to sort it out sooner rather than later .
So it looks as if I will now be going to Toronto ,the Falls ,and Ottawa .
Thank you Liz
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 3 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 4 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 5 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 6 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Temporary residency in Canada
- 9 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 10 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 11 water filtration
- 12 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 13 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 14 Western Canada in August
- 15 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 16 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 17 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 18 Jasper with two elderly
- 19 Dempster highway in early September
- 20 jasper
- 21 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 22 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 23 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 24 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 25 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable