Hello. We recently came back from a trip to Alaska where we had a wonderful time on the Kenai River fishng for Sockeye salmon, and limited every day. We are thinking of coming up to Canada next and want to have another wonderful experience. I guess the first question is do the salmon runs in Canada rival the ones in Alaska? We would want to fish for either sockeye or silvers. Prefer rivers and freshwater to ocean fishing. Any recommendation on the very best places to fish for salmon and the best times of year for the hit the runs at their peak?
Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 2 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 3 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days