Hello. We recently came back from a trip to Alaska where we had a wonderful time on the Kenai River fishng for Sockeye salmon, and limited every day. We are thinking of coming up to Canada next and want to have another wonderful experience. I guess the first question is do the salmon runs in Canada rival the ones in Alaska? We would want to fish for either sockeye or silvers. Prefer rivers and freshwater to ocean fishing. Any recommendation on the very best places to fish for salmon and the best times of year for the hit the runs at their peak?
Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 2 Help us see Vancouver island
- 3 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 4 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 5 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 6 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 7 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 8 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 9 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 10 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 11 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 12 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 13 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 14 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 15 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 16 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 17 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 18 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 19 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 20 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 21 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 22 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 23 Halifax-PEI
- 24 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 25 4 days in Vancouver Island