I am trying to get some feedback for the trip am planning end Aug/Beginning of September in east Canada. I am flying to Halifax and will have 5 full days for travelling(arriving the night before and leaving early in the morning.) Looking into renting a car and driving around everywhere.
I know that 5 days is the time needed to explore decently NS and i have an itinerary prepared for that but as this might be the only time visiting East Canada, i was thinking whether to rush and even sacrifice some NS spots in order to get some short flavour of NB and PEI.
I am travelling with my gf, We are both 27. We are mostly interested in great scenic routes and also getting in some culture from small villages and towns by spending little time or just an evening in main cities. For night time, small traditional pubs, live music and chilllout places would be ideal. Museums and indoor stuffs are not really for us as its a big time consumer and we prefer of soaking up the culture by experiencing the real world.
-Day 1 start early and drive to hopewell rocks, sea bay of fundy from that side and end up in Moncton for the night.
-Day 2, drive to and around PEI staying to Charlottetown.
-Day 3, head towards Cape Breton, going through coast line, perpahs a quick dip in the warmer waters of the area, lunch in Antigonish and arrive and stay at Louisburg.
-Day 4, do the cabot trail and back towards halifax staying perpahs at Antigonish, or at an earlier or later point depending on how much driving we could take.
-Day 5. Drive all the way to Luneburg, passing through margarets bay, malhone bay the light house and whatever else interesting in the way. Spend some time in Luneburg and head back to Halifax to spend the few remanings hours of the evening there.
Here's pretty much the itinerary, http://goo.gl/maps/Vbg5q . I can foresee 5-6 hours chilling driving per day with lots of stop in between. A bit tiring but it might be worthing.
If am troubled whether to stick to this demanding itinerary or rather only tour Nova Scotia, by following a sort of east to west itenerary like this : http://goo.gl/maps/qD7Ym
I will appreciate your commends on what might be the best experience, taking into account the best spots and not be miss areas of the general east area and the fact that i might never be back. Further more any suggestions as what to add or remove, and how can i alter/optimize my trip would also be good. As places to stay,eat and see..
Apologies for the long post.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 hand in smaller trial size quantities
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Vancouver for Christmas
- 4 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 5 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 6 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 7 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 8 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 9 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 10 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 11 March in Montreal?
- 12 Eastern Canada in December
- 13 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 14 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 15 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 16 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 17 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 18 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 19 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 20 Tofino
- 21 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 22 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 23 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 24 11th and 12th grade
- 25 Vancouver trip report!