We just came back from a one week trip to Nova Scotia that includes the Cabot Trail, Bay of Fundy and Lunenberg. We have been postponing this trip in favor of other sites/countries not realizing how beautiful this area of Canada is. We started planning not knowing that during the week, the Cape Breton Celtic Music Festival was scheduled to take place. The foliage, good weather, good food, good lodging, and good music made a very wonderful experience except for a very negative experience that happened in Blue Rocks. We kind of got lost locating the Blue Rocks Harbour and when we stopped by a local welding shop to ask for direction (which that time, unknown to us, is just about a block away from the entrance of the harbour). The person that we spoke to told us that Blue Rocks Harbour does not exist and that we are misinformed... Even after we showed him a travel book and forum print out describing the place. If someone gets lost finding Blue Rocks and have the misfortune of stopping at this place, DO NOT be deterred...Blue Rocks EXISTS and it's beautiful... haunting, surreal, and peaceful. To go there, while driving the Blue Rocks Road, and once you see a small harbour, make a quick right on the 1st street... in a minute or two you'll be looking at it. I must have taken at least 50 shots there. Enjoy!
Beautiful Nova Scotia (Except Blue Rocks Negative Experience)!
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 5 Golden BC
- 6 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 7 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 8 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 9 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail