We just came back from a one week trip to Nova Scotia that includes the Cabot Trail, Bay of Fundy and Lunenberg. We have been postponing this trip in favor of other sites/countries not realizing how beautiful this area of Canada is. We started planning not knowing that during the week, the Cape Breton Celtic Music Festival was scheduled to take place. The foliage, good weather, good food, good lodging, and good music made a very wonderful experience except for a very negative experience that happened in Blue Rocks. We kind of got lost locating the Blue Rocks Harbour and when we stopped by a local welding shop to ask for direction (which that time, unknown to us, is just about a block away from the entrance of the harbour). The person that we spoke to told us that Blue Rocks Harbour does not exist and that we are misinformed... Even after we showed him a travel book and forum print out describing the place. If someone gets lost finding Blue Rocks and have the misfortune of stopping at this place, DO NOT be deterred...Blue Rocks EXISTS and it's beautiful... haunting, surreal, and peaceful. To go there, while driving the Blue Rocks Road, and once you see a small harbour, make a quick right on the 1st street... in a minute or two you'll be looking at it. I must have taken at least 50 shots there. Enjoy!
Beautiful Nova Scotia (Except Blue Rocks Negative Experience)!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria Dining
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 4 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 5 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 6 Quebec City trip.report
- 7 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 8 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Quebic City or Montreal
- 11 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 12 ft nelson bc
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 14 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 15 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 16 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 17 canada in the winter?
- 18 Canada in winter
- 19 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 20 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 21 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 22 Telegraph cove
- 23 trip report rockies
- 24 iPhone in Canada
- 25 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.