We just came back from a one week trip to Nova Scotia that includes the Cabot Trail, Bay of Fundy and Lunenberg. We have been postponing this trip in favor of other sites/countries not realizing how beautiful this area of Canada is. We started planning not knowing that during the week, the Cape Breton Celtic Music Festival was scheduled to take place. The foliage, good weather, good food, good lodging, and good music made a very wonderful experience except for a very negative experience that happened in Blue Rocks. We kind of got lost locating the Blue Rocks Harbour and when we stopped by a local welding shop to ask for direction (which that time, unknown to us, is just about a block away from the entrance of the harbour). The person that we spoke to told us that Blue Rocks Harbour does not exist and that we are misinformed... Even after we showed him a travel book and forum print out describing the place. If someone gets lost finding Blue Rocks and have the misfortune of stopping at this place, DO NOT be deterred...Blue Rocks EXISTS and it's beautiful... haunting, surreal, and peaceful. To go there, while driving the Blue Rocks Road, and once you see a small harbour, make a quick right on the 1st street... in a minute or two you'll be looking at it. I must have taken at least 50 shots there. Enjoy!
Beautiful Nova Scotia (Except Blue Rocks Negative Experience)!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 season greetings
- 3 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise