One of my friends is from Victoria (she is currently studying in Brighton with me!) and we are going to visit her in September 2007 during our summer uni break. Basically, I have a couple of queries:
1) how long would it take to drive from Victoria to Banff?
2) would you see bears at Banff and if not where would you find them?
3) what is the cheapest way to get to Churchill from Victoria, at mo i'm lookin at flight to Winnipeg and train to Churchill?
4) anyone know of any day tours you can do in Churchill to see polar bears and how much does this cost? I don't want to do a package tour as too expensive.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Bears, Banff, Victoria and Churchill
- 1 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 2 Calgary - Things to Do
- 3 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 4 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 5 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 6 Need help, can't decide
- 7 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 8 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 9 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 10 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 11 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 12 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 13 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 14 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 15 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 16 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 17 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 18 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 19 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 20 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 21 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 22 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary
- 23 train travel
- 24 Montreal Hotel for First Time Visitors
- 25 Rental Car Canada and MT