My husband and I will be vacationing in the Rockies and then will head to Vancouver. We arrive in Calgary this Saturday. We will be vacationing in Alberta and BC for 2 weeks. I've been planning this vacation for months and have been very excited. But I've suddenly became extremely worried about possible bear encounters. I had planned on going on lots of long hikes but now I may change our plans some. I've read news reports about several recent bear attacks including the 36 year old lady who was tragically killed this week by a grizzly while on a popular trail near Canmore. Does anymore have any suggestions or helpful words of advice? I know I may be over-reacting but I am really nervous now about hiking at all.
Bear encounter worries....
- 1 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 2 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 3 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 4 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 5 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 6 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 7 Hotel Reservations
- 8 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 9 Trip to Rockies
- 10 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 11 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 12 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 13 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 14 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 15 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 16 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 17 Nova Scotia in June
- 18 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 19 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 20 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 21 Calgary - Things to Do
- 22 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 23 Need help, can't decide
- 24 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 25 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?