First time to Canada for 9 full days beginning Mar 25. We are a family of 3 with a 15yr old photographer son in tow. Need help with itinerary and winter activities (views, hiking, etc. during this season), please. Looking for spectacular views, wildlife, unique experiences and dining input. We want to "feel" like we are in Canada.
Day 1- fly into Calgary
Drive to Banff
(3 nights in Banff). Lake Louise ice skating, Hot springs, Bow Parkway, Legacy bike trail (weather permitting).
Day 4- Icefield parkway, Glacier (on our own exploration), drive to Jasper (2 nights). Maligne canyon ice walk, see Northern Lights (fingers crossed), Jasper gondola,
Yoho/Field (3 nights at a Emerald Lake Lodge). Snowshoe, Natural bridge,
Day 9 Calgary
Day 10 fly home in AM
We are concerned with the unpredicatability of winter activities and driving but will roll with whatever Mother Nature has in store for us!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 2 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 3 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
Banff/Yoho/Jasper advice needed. 9 day trip in late March.