First time to Canada for 9 full days beginning Mar 25. We are a family of 3 with a 15yr old photographer son in tow. Need help with itinerary and winter activities (views, hiking, etc. during this season), please. Looking for spectacular views, wildlife, unique experiences and dining input. We want to "feel" like we are in Canada.
Day 1- fly into Calgary
Drive to Banff
(3 nights in Banff). Lake Louise ice skating, Hot springs, Bow Parkway, Legacy bike trail (weather permitting).
Day 4- Icefield parkway, Glacier (on our own exploration), drive to Jasper (2 nights). Maligne canyon ice walk, see Northern Lights (fingers crossed), Jasper gondola,
Yoho/Field (3 nights at a Emerald Lake Lodge). Snowshoe, Natural bridge,
Day 9 Calgary
Day 10 fly home in AM
We are concerned with the unpredicatability of winter activities and driving but will roll with whatever Mother Nature has in store for us!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Layover in Toronto
- 2 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 3 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 4 Icefields Parkway
- 5 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 6 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 7 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 8 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 9 Keltic Lodge
- 10 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 11 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 12 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 13 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 14 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 15 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 19 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 20 Banff to Jasper and back
- 21 Canmore for a few days
- 22 The Canadian
- 23 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 24 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 25 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
Banff/Yoho/Jasper advice needed. 9 day trip in late March.