First time to Canada for 9 full days beginning Mar 25. We are a family of 3 with a 15yr old photographer son in tow. Need help with itinerary and winter activities (views, hiking, etc. during this season), please. Looking for spectacular views, wildlife, unique experiences and dining input. We want to "feel" like we are in Canada.
Day 1- fly into Calgary
Drive to Banff
(3 nights in Banff). Lake Louise ice skating, Hot springs, Bow Parkway, Legacy bike trail (weather permitting).
Day 4- Icefield parkway, Glacier (on our own exploration), drive to Jasper (2 nights). Maligne canyon ice walk, see Northern Lights (fingers crossed), Jasper gondola,
Yoho/Field (3 nights at a Emerald Lake Lodge). Snowshoe, Natural bridge,
Day 9 Calgary
Day 10 fly home in AM
We are concerned with the unpredicatability of winter activities and driving but will roll with whatever Mother Nature has in store for us!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 2 Itinerary feedback, please
- 3 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 4 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 5 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 6 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 7 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 8 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 9 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 10 Best Way
- 11 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 12 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 13 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 14 Bay of Fundy
- 15 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 16 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 17 First trip to Vancouver
- 18 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 19 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 20 Alberta Trip_2017
- 21 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 22 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
- 23 Best Way to travel from Calgary to Banff and back again
- 24 Calgary Stampede virgin
- 25 Fastest way Ottawa-Toronto
Banff/Yoho/Jasper advice needed. 9 day trip in late March.