This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://health-wellnessworld.com/lamour-creme/
- 2 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 3 Banff in early June
- 4 Jasper hike out-cabin October
- 5 Planning a 2 week 'taste' of Canada
- 6 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 7 Quebec City in mid-November
- 8 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 9 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 10 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 13 Calgary
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 16 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 17 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 18 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 19 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 20 Banff in October
- 21 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 22 Quebec City in autumn
- 23 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 24 Quebec City
- 25 Family ski holiday