This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff or Jasper
- 2 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 3 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 4 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 5 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 6 4 days in Newfoundland
- 7 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 8 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 9 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 10 which hotel in Vancouver
- 11 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 12 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 13 Jasper Day Hikes
- 14 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 15 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 16 Montreal for 4 days
- 17 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 18 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 19 Maritimes Itinerary
- 20 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 21 Banff September Weekend
- 22 4 day Excursion from Quebec City
- 23 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 24 Canmore or Banff for lodging?
- 25 First Aid for cruise adventure