This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Banff/Jasper/Yoho--where to start??
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Tours
- 2 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 3 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 4 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 5 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 6 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 7 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 8 Gaspe
- 9 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 10 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 11 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 12 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 13 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 14 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 15 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 17 Alberta Wildfires
- 18 Niagara Falls Canada
- 19 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 20 Fresh Fruit from US
- 21 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 22 quebec
- 23 Jet to Victoria
- 24 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 25 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants