This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Banff/Jasper/Yoho--where to start??
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 3 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 4 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 5 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 6 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 7 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 8 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 9 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 12 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 13 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 14 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 15 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 16 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 17 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 18 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 19 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 20 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 21 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 22 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?