This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 2 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 3 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 4 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 5 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 6 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 7 Long Weekend Toronto
- 8 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 9 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 10 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 11 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 12 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 13 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 14 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 15 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 16 My first trip to Toronto
- 17 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 18 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 19 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 20 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 21 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 22 Cross border rental
- 23 Day or Weekend trips from Toronto
- 24 East Coast this July.
- 25 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal