This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 UNITED : YAHOO SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:844-669-7811 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 3 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 4 BC road trip advice
- 5 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 6 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 7 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 8 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 9 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 10 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 11 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 12 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 13 Traveling with your bike
- 14 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 15 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 16 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 17 Alberta Trip_2017
- 18 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 19 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 20 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 21 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 22 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 23 Baseball
- 24 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 25 Another trip to bicycling heaven.