This is my first post on Fodor's My husband, 19 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter want to travel to the Banff area next August for 6-8 days. We are planning to fly into Calgary,but after that, I am stuck! Every picture I look at looks gorgeous and every activity sounds cool. So I need some help.
-Hiking--we are all in pretty good shape, but would like a variety of hiking possibilities. Probably, my daughter and I would go off on an easy or moderate one and my hubs and stepson would head off for something super challenging.
--Whitewater Rafting--would really like to take a trip that we can all do
--Hotels--can't afford the most spendy, but don't want to stay in a hostel either. Would really love something kid friendly and with a bedroom/loft or some such situation that would allow us to have some privacy and space. In other words, I'd prefer that all of us aren't sleeping in one hotel room. No camping
--Pace--the hubs doesn't like to move too terribly quickly or often, so I'm thinking 3 days in one place and 3 days in another, or something like that.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 4 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 5 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 6 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 7 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 8 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 9 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 10 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 11 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 12 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 13 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 14 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 15 Calgary Stampede
- 16 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 17 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 18 11 Day Road trip
- 19 Canada - 1st time
- 20 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 21 Halifax port restaurants
- 22 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 23 Road Trip Help
- 24 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 25 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way