My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
View all Canada activity »
- 1 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 4 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 5 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 6 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 7 Golden, British Columbia
- 8 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 9 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 12 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 13 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 14 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 15 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 16 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 17 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 18 America by Rail
- 19 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 20 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 21 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 22 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 23 Information needed
- 24 Reliable Taxis in Vancouver
- 25 Nice Restaurant in Guelph Area