My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL