My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 2 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 3 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 4 iPhone in Canada
- 5 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 6 Victoria Dining
- 7 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 8 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 9 Quebec City trip.report
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 12 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 13 Quebic City or Montreal
- 14 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 15 ft nelson bc
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 18 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 19 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 20 canada in the winter?
- 21 Canada in winter
- 22 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 23 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 24 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 25 Telegraph cove