My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Trip Report with stay at Four Seasons
- 2 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 3 Banf
- 4 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 5 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 6 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 7 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 8 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 9 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 10 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 11 Gaspe
- 12 Tours
- 13 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 14 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 15 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 16 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 17 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 18 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 19 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 20 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 21 Alberta Wildfires
- 22 Niagara Falls Canada
- 23 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 24 Fresh Fruit from US
- 25 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?