My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days