My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 2 What documents and transportation I need to cross to Canada by Taxi or Car?
- 3 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 4 Eastern Canada
- 5 Advice trip to Canada
- 6 9 days newfoundland
- 7 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 8 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 9 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 12 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 13 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 14 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 15 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 16 Help us see Vancouver island
- 17 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 18 Journey series CAD
- 19 Madrid or Montreal
- 20 Help with Kelowna
- 21 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 22 9 nights in Nfld
- 23 10 days in The Maritimes
- 24 2 days in Vancouver
- 25 Vancouver