My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Newfoundland and Nova Scotia in one week
- 2 Car travel from jasper to vancouver via whistler
- 3 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 4 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 5 Buying a wheelchair in Toronto
- 6 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 7 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 8 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 10 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 11 Victoria
- 12 Help us see Vancouver island
- 13 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 14 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 15 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 16 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 17 NOTL weather in Sept
- 18 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 19 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 20 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 21 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 22 birthday trip
- 23 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 24 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 25 Best hikes in Banff