My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Montreal Jazz Festival
- 3 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 4 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 5 Corporate party
- 6 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 7 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 8 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 9 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 10 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 11 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 12 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 13 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 14 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 15 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 16 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 17 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 19 2 days in Vancouver
- 20 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 21 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 22 8 days in NL
- 23 Montreal transportation pass
- 24 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 25 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines