My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 2 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 3 Toronto: where to stay?
- 4 Vancouver top restaurant
- 5 Montreal Entertainment
- 6 Heli skiing in March
- 7 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 8 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 9 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 10 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 11 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 14 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 15 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 16 Toronto lodgings
- 17 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 18 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 19 rockies in september
- 20 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 21 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 22 Viking Trail
- 23 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 24 Quebec City trip.report
- 25 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz