Thanks to those who've answered my other questions.
I'm wondering if I need to book 2 nights each in Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. Is two nights in each place ideal? Would it be inconvenient to stay in one place for Banff & Lake Louise for 4 nights--then move on to Jasper?
FYI, I'm thinking of booking through Priceline. I'm not fussy about hotels and they all seem to be in the same areas.
Also, wondering ... if the scenery is very similar, might it be less hectic to eliminate Jasper and spend 3 nights each in Banff and Lake Louise? Or is Jasper a "must-see?"
We love scenery, natural beauty, and easy to moderate hikes. DON'T love driving and packing and unpacking .
Any tips for rental cars? They seem horribly expensive: $759 for an economy car from Hotwire for 9 days plus extra hours. (I'm assuming I'll pick up and return at the Calgary airport.)
Ironically, a minivan is actually cheaper! But I don't like to drive a big car--and the extra gas would probably eat up any savings.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://helix6garciniareview.com/pronutra-matrixes/
- 2 Are you looking Inter-Disciplinary Clinic in Woodbridge?
- 3 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 4 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 5 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 6 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 7 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 9 March in Montreal?
- 10 Eastern Canada in December
- 11 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 12 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 13 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 14 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 15 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 16 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 17 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 18 Tofino
- 19 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 20 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 21 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 22 11th and 12th grade
- 23 Vancouver trip report!
- 24 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 25 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper: 3 hotels? Also ... Rental Car Question