Thanks to those who've answered my other questions.
I'm wondering if I need to book 2 nights each in Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. Is two nights in each place ideal? Would it be inconvenient to stay in one place for Banff & Lake Louise for 4 nights--then move on to Jasper?
FYI, I'm thinking of booking through Priceline. I'm not fussy about hotels and they all seem to be in the same areas.
Also, wondering ... if the scenery is very similar, might it be less hectic to eliminate Jasper and spend 3 nights each in Banff and Lake Louise? Or is Jasper a "must-see?"
We love scenery, natural beauty, and easy to moderate hikes. DON'T love driving and packing and unpacking .
Any tips for rental cars? They seem horribly expensive: $759 for an economy car from Hotwire for 9 days plus extra hours. (I'm assuming I'll pick up and return at the Calgary airport.)
Ironically, a minivan is actually cheaper! But I don't like to drive a big car--and the extra gas would probably eat up any savings.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Metropolitan Movers Ottawa ON - Moving Company
- 2 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 3 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 4 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 5 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 6 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 7 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 8 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 9 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 10 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 11 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 12 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 13 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 14 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 15 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 16 BC or Alberta drives
- 17 Torino in february
- 18 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 19 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 20 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 21 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 22 Skiing in Whistler
- 23 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 24 lodging in whistler
- 25 Vancouver to Vancouver island
Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper: 3 hotels? Also ... Rental Car Question