I am working on plans for our September 2018 Canadian Rockies trip and have a question. We will have 6 days to spend in the Banff and Lake Louise areas. Afterwards we'll travel the Icefields Parkway to Jasper for 3 nights, before returning to Canmore and then Calgary and then home to Kansas. We'd like to see/do the following in the Banff/Lake Louise area: Bow River Float, Tunnel Mountain Hike, Tunnel Mountain Drive, Upper Hot Springs, Cave Basin, Banff Springs Hotel, Banff Gondola, Lake Minnewanka, Bow Valley Parkway, Lake Louise, Johnstone Canyon, Yoho, Takakkaw Falls, Emerald Lake, Stanley Glacier, Sunshine Meadows, Fenland Trail, Moraine Lake, Lake Agnes hike. Can someone help me put them in a best/efficient driving route so we avoid doing a lot of backtracking? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we don't know anything about the area. Are there maps or travel guides you'd recommend? I'd also like to hear about anything else I should include.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 outlook Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 outlook Tec*h care
- 2 Metropolitan Movers North York ON - Moving Company
- 3 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 4 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 5 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 6 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 7 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 8 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 9 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 10 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 11 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 12 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 13 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 14 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 17 BC or Alberta drives
- 18 Torino in february
- 19 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 20 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 21 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 22 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 23 Skiing in Whistler
- 24 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 25 lodging in whistler