After changing my vacation plans from Europe in May due to work conflicts and not wanting to pay the high airfares during the summer months we have decided to visit the Canadian Rockies this year. We've always wanted to visit and I'm looking into visiting for 9 days. I'm looking at dates in either late June or late August in order to avoid mosquitoes, but we are certainly open to July if they won't be that bad. We are an active couple in our 30's interested in hiking, rafting or canoeing, horseback riding and doing a glacier walk. As always any advice is appreciated.
Banff and Jasper,late June or late August?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 NYC to Montreal by train
- 2 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 3 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 4 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 5 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 6 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 7 Where to stay in Banff?
- 8 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 9 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 10 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 11 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 12 Transport of cremated remains
- 13 Rockies trip in June.
- 14 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 15 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 16 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 17 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 18 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 19 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 20 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 21 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 22 boarder crossing question
- 23 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 24 Calgary hotel help needed
- 25 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto