After changing my vacation plans from Europe in May due to work conflicts and not wanting to pay the high airfares during the summer months we have decided to visit the Canadian Rockies this year. We've always wanted to visit and I'm looking into visiting for 9 days. I'm looking at dates in either late June or late August in order to avoid mosquitoes, but we are certainly open to July if they won't be that bad. We are an active couple in our 30's interested in hiking, rafting or canoeing, horseback riding and doing a glacier walk. As always any advice is appreciated.
Banff and Jasper,late June or late August?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 2 Help us see Vancouver island
- 3 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 4 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 5 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 6 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 7 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 8 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 9 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 12 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 13 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 14 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 15 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 16 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 17 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 18 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 19 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 20 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 21 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 22 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?