Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Executive Home Available For Lease In The Sought-After Toronto Beaches!
- 2 North Vancouver Island
- 3 Rockies trip in June.
- 4 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 5 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 6 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 7 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 8 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 9 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 10 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 11 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 12 Need tips for this trip
- 13 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 14 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 17 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 18 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 19 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 20 Newfoundland questions
- 21 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 22 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 23 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!