Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 T90 Xplode
- 2 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 3 Victoria, BC and Ottawa, ON -- similar?
- 4 Weekend in Calgary
- 5 Niagra Falls
- 6 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 7 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 8 First Time Trip to Canada
- 9 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 10 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 11 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 12 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 13 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 14 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 15 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 16 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 17 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 18 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 19 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 20 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 21 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 22 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 23 Road Trip to Calgary
- 24 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 25 A Week in Nova Scotia
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013