Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BC road trip advice
- 2 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 3 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 4 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 5 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 6 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 7 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 8 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 9 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 10 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 11 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 12 Traveling with your bike
- 13 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 14 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 15 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 16 Alberta Trip_2017
- 17 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 18 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 19 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 20 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 21 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 22 Baseball
- 23 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 24 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 25 Transportation from airport for 7
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013