Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 2 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 3 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Newfoundland in July
- 6 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 7 Jasper
- 8 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 9 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 10 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 11 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 12 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 13 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 14 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 15 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 16 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 17 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 18 Calgary Stampede
- 19 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 20 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 21 11 Day Road trip
- 22 Canada - 1st time
- 23 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 24 Halifax port restaurants
- 25 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013