Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://advisorwellness.com/claire-hydrafirm-cream-uk/
- 2 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 3 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 4 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 5 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 6 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 7 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 8 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 9 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 10 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 11 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 12 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 15 BC or Alberta drives
- 16 Torino in february
- 17 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 18 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 19 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 20 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 21 Skiing in Whistler
- 22 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 23 lodging in whistler
- 24 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 25 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013