Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 car seat requirements in Canada for kids
- 2 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 3 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 4 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 5 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 6 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 9 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 10 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 11 Quebec to yarmouth
- 12 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 13 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 14 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 15 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 16 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 17 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 18 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 19 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 20 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 21 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 22 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 23 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013