Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec & Montreal + Wheelchair
- 2 Quebec City in January
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Corporate party
- 5 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 6 Hotels in Quebec City
- 7 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 8 Northern Lights
- 9 Flying from Toronto to London
- 10 Rental car
- 11 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 12 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 13 Montreal in April
- 14 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 15 Cross country drive
- 16 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 17 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 18 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 19 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 20 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 21 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 22 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 23 First family trip to Toronto.
- 24 Calgary Stampede
- 25 2 days in Vancouver
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013