We are a couple of middle-aged Aussies who love to travel independently. Scenery, nature, lighthouses, medium hikes are all on our list of interests.
We are in the very early stages of planning a 6 week trip in July/August 2016. Our plan is to catch the overnight ferry from Portland, ME to Yarmouth, NS then hire a car and we will have about 20 days to get from there to Quebec.
Thinking of driving to just west of Halifax and staying for 3 nights and exploring Halifax and surrounds. Then possibly 4 nights on Cape Breton - any suggestions on where best to stay. We definitely want to drive the Cabot Trail (weather permitting). Hopewell Cape/Bay of Fundy are also on our list as is PEI (I am an Anne of Green Gables fan). Wondering about accommodation on PEI - better to stay in Charlottetown or somewhere out on the east coast? Is 4 nights on PEI reasonable?
Apart from Alma and the Bay of Fundy, I have no particular ideas for New Brunswick. Is Fredericton worth a night or 2? I there anything of particular note north of Fredericton? Can we reasonably drive from Fredericton to Quebec city in a day?
I look forward to hearing ideas and suggestions from locals and other travellers.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/dermabellix/
- 2 신천지게임예시 ≪ 접속주소 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 4 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 5 Itinerary feedback, please
- 6 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 7 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 8 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 9 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 10 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 11 Best Way
- 12 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 13 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 14 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 15 Bay of Fundy
- 16 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 17 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 18 First trip to Vancouver
- 19 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 20 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 21 Alberta Trip_2017
- 22 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 23 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
- 24 Best Way to travel from Calgary to Banff and back again
- 25 Calgary Stampede virgin