We are a couple of middle-aged Aussies who love to travel independently. Scenery, nature, lighthouses, medium hikes are all on our list of interests.
We are in the very early stages of planning a 6 week trip in July/August 2016. Our plan is to catch the overnight ferry from Portland, ME to Yarmouth, NS then hire a car and we will have about 20 days to get from there to Quebec.
Thinking of driving to just west of Halifax and staying for 3 nights and exploring Halifax and surrounds. Then possibly 4 nights on Cape Breton - any suggestions on where best to stay. We definitely want to drive the Cabot Trail (weather permitting). Hopewell Cape/Bay of Fundy are also on our list as is PEI (I am an Anne of Green Gables fan). Wondering about accommodation on PEI - better to stay in Charlottetown or somewhere out on the east coast? Is 4 nights on PEI reasonable?
Apart from Alma and the Bay of Fundy, I have no particular ideas for New Brunswick. Is Fredericton worth a night or 2? I there anything of particular note north of Fredericton? Can we reasonably drive from Fredericton to Quebec city in a day?
I look forward to hearing ideas and suggestions from locals and other travellers.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.hitssupplements.com/virilax
- 2 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia