I currently live in Seattle, WA (Canadian citizen living in the U.S) and I've always fantasized about taking a road trip across Canada. My original plan was to take my own car and Drive up to Vancouver and start my drive there. But the thought of having to drive all the way back seems daunting (Unless I take an alternate way back i.3 driving through the northern states.)
I wanted to get some more information on what would be the best way to do this on a budget. I plan on going in the late summer of this year, my Car is compact SUV (2005 Hyundai Santa Fe) in which I was planning on sleeping in my car on most parts of the trip. I also want to check out the sites both urban and nature scenes.
Also, should I take my car, or should I just rent a car and take a plane back?
Any advice and tips would be great. I'm from Canada, but only lived in once Province (B.C), and I would love to see more of my country.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 2 Quebec and Montreal train stations
- 3 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 4 Old Montreal kid friendly restaurants?
- 5 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 6 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 7 Victoria, Canada
- 8 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 9 Best places in Toronto
- 10 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 11 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 12 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 13 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 14 Newfoundland in early June
- 15 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 16 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 17 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 18 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 19 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 20 Nova Scotia in July
- 21 Cape Breton in early June
- 22 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 23 Magdalen Islands
- 24 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 25 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?