I currently live in Seattle, WA (Canadian citizen living in the U.S) and I've always fantasized about taking a road trip across Canada. My original plan was to take my own car and Drive up to Vancouver and start my drive there. But the thought of having to drive all the way back seems daunting (Unless I take an alternate way back i.3 driving through the northern states.)
I wanted to get some more information on what would be the best way to do this on a budget. I plan on going in the late summer of this year, my Car is compact SUV (2005 Hyundai Santa Fe) in which I was planning on sleeping in my car on most parts of the trip. I also want to check out the sites both urban and nature scenes.
Also, should I take my car, or should I just rent a car and take a plane back?
Any advice and tips would be great. I'm from Canada, but only lived in once Province (B.C), and I would love to see more of my country.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 2 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 3 Two week taster
- 4 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 5 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 6 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 7 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 8 Translink and itinerary questions
- 9 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 10 Montreal Restaurants
- 11 Victoria Island
- 12 Traveling with your bike
- 13 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 14 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 15 Bay of Fundy
- 16 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 17 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 18 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 19 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 20 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 21 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 22 4 days in Montreal
- 23 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 24 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 25 Toronto hotel