We are planning a trip to Halifax this May to attend a conference.
We are trying to get some suggestions on what would be realistic as a relatively fast paced but not stressful schedule for our journey! Based on what our friends have told us, it would be beautiful to see PEI and Cape Breton in addition to a little more around Halifax if we can.
May 5, Arrive evening
May 6, Free day in Halifax
May 7, Conference
May 8-14th Free
May 15th, Depart Halifax in the am.
Might like to see Peggy's cove, not sure if it's practical to get to Lunenburg.
Is it worth checking out the Bay of Fundy with such a short trip?
We were thinking to spend 1 day/night in Summerside and 2 day/nights in Charlottetown (not huge Anne fans, so just a brief visit to those sites if any).
Also perhaps One day/night in Cape Breton - Cabot Trail, any other suggestions, overnight in Sydney before coming back to Halifax for departure?
Thank you for helping us, it's overwhelming!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://maxhealthtips.com/proshred-elite/
- 2 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 3 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 4 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 9 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 12 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 13 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 14 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 15 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 16 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 17 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 18 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 19 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 20 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 21 Pearson Airport logistics
- 22 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 23 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge