We are planning a trip to Halifax this May to attend a conference.
We are trying to get some suggestions on what would be realistic as a relatively fast paced but not stressful schedule for our journey! Based on what our friends have told us, it would be beautiful to see PEI and Cape Breton in addition to a little more around Halifax if we can.
May 5, Arrive evening
May 6, Free day in Halifax
May 7, Conference
May 8-14th Free
May 15th, Depart Halifax in the am.
Might like to see Peggy's cove, not sure if it's practical to get to Lunenburg.
Is it worth checking out the Bay of Fundy with such a short trip?
We were thinking to spend 1 day/night in Summerside and 2 day/nights in Charlottetown (not huge Anne fans, so just a brief visit to those sites if any).
Also perhaps One day/night in Cape Breton - Cabot Trail, any other suggestions, overnight in Sydney before coming back to Halifax for departure?
Thank you for helping us, it's overwhelming!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.hitssupplements.com/virilax
- 2 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia