My husband and I have booked a 9 day trip to Quebec over the Christmas holiday. So far we are flying into Montreal on 12/18 and flying out of QC on 12/27. A rough outline of our itinerary is below, and I am especially interested in hearing feedback on our QC and Charleviox leg of the trip. We are easy going, and love the outdoors (even in the cold), beautiful scenery (rural or urban), and a good glass of beer or wine...
-Dec 18-21: We plan to stay in Montreal first, staying at LHotel in downtown/Old Montreal. We are looking forward to dining out at some fun restaurants, seeing the fireworks on Saturday night and trying to catch the free concert at 3 pm the Museum of Fine Art. We live in Washington DC, and I know Montreal is a much more eccentric and diverse city, but we are not terribly interested in spending the whole time in an urban enclave, so three days I hope will be enough to get a taste of the city. From there, on to more provincial settings...
-Dec 21-24: Take the train to Quebec City. No plans yet where to stay or what to do. Thinking about Grand Allee, Old Quebec and seeing the historical sites. We are very laid back travelers, and happy to check out anything off the beaten trail, so we'd love any recommendations for particularly memorable experiences. We are talking about staying in the Saint-Roch neighborhood, and want to be somewhere lively with restaurants, bars, and some late night activity.
-Dec 24-27: On a total wild hare, we're looking at taking the bus (or the LRT if it is running) up to Baie-Saint-Paul and staying for a few days at the Hotel La Ferme. We are hoping to do the spa and hot springs, some skiing, maybe a half-day dog sledding, and generally eat good food and relax. Anyone who has been here in the winter have any thoughts on whether it's as good in the snow as it is in the sun?
Thanks for any and all help, we're really looking forward to a good mix of light sightseeing, outdoor activity, and FOOD.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 2 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 3 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 4 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 5 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 12 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 13 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 14 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 15 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 16 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 17 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 18 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 19 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 20 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 21 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 22 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 23 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 24 Pearson Airport logistics
- 25 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?