My husband and I have booked a 9 day trip to Quebec over the Christmas holiday. So far we are flying into Montreal on 12/18 and flying out of QC on 12/27. A rough outline of our itinerary is below, and I am especially interested in hearing feedback on our QC and Charleviox leg of the trip. We are easy going, and love the outdoors (even in the cold), beautiful scenery (rural or urban), and a good glass of beer or wine...
-Dec 18-21: We plan to stay in Montreal first, staying at LHotel in downtown/Old Montreal. We are looking forward to dining out at some fun restaurants, seeing the fireworks on Saturday night and trying to catch the free concert at 3 pm the Museum of Fine Art. We live in Washington DC, and I know Montreal is a much more eccentric and diverse city, but we are not terribly interested in spending the whole time in an urban enclave, so three days I hope will be enough to get a taste of the city. From there, on to more provincial settings...
-Dec 21-24: Take the train to Quebec City. No plans yet where to stay or what to do. Thinking about Grand Allee, Old Quebec and seeing the historical sites. We are very laid back travelers, and happy to check out anything off the beaten trail, so we'd love any recommendations for particularly memorable experiences. We are talking about staying in the Saint-Roch neighborhood, and want to be somewhere lively with restaurants, bars, and some late night activity.
-Dec 24-27: On a total wild hare, we're looking at taking the bus (or the LRT if it is running) up to Baie-Saint-Paul and staying for a few days at the Hotel La Ferme. We are hoping to do the spa and hot springs, some skiing, maybe a half-day dog sledding, and generally eat good food and relax. Anyone who has been here in the winter have any thoughts on whether it's as good in the snow as it is in the sun?
Thanks for any and all help, we're really looking forward to a good mix of light sightseeing, outdoor activity, and FOOD.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 2 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 3 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 4 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 5 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 6 Two week taster
- 7 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 8 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 9 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 10 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 11 Translink and itinerary questions
- 12 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 13 Montreal Restaurants
- 14 Victoria Island
- 15 Traveling with your bike
- 16 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 17 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 18 Bay of Fundy
- 19 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 20 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 21 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 22 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 23 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 24 4 days in Montreal
- 25 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes