My husband and I taking a trip to Cape Breton to catch a couple days of Celtic Colours in mid-October. We'll be driving from Manchester airport in New Hampshire and have 7 days (Sat-Sat) to see these 2 provinces.
Based on a 1 week itinerary this is what we've planned:
Day 1- Manchester to Hopewell Hill NB (8 hr drive)
Day 2- Explore Bay of Fundy and Fundy National Park
Day 3- Hopewell Hill to Baddeck NS
Day 4 Explore Cabot trail weather permitting; Celtic Colours concert in pm
Day 5- Baddeck to Halifax
Day 6- Explore Halifax-Lunenberg
Day 7- Halifax to Arcadia
Day 8 Arcadia to Manchester airport
I know this represents a lot of driving but we wanted to hit as much of the highlights of NS as possible in a week. We love the outdoors, scenery, hiking and seafood. I've read that Cape Breton is tops for scenery and hiking but subject to fog and my question is- given the choice, would you cut the Bay of Fundy stay by one day (catching low tide at Hopewell Rocks morning of Day 2 and exploring a bit of Bay of Fundy) and arrive to Cape Breton a day earlier? We'll be driving back through NB on the way back to NH so might be able to catch more of Bay of Fundy on the way home.
Also, if there are any seafood restaurant recommendations for Alma, Cape Breton, or Halifax.
Lastly, if there are recommended sights in NB during the drive from NH to Bay of Fundy?
We greatly appreciate any feedback on the itinerary and restaurant/sights advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 the procedure rather of so much easier
- 2 Temporary residency in Canada
- 3 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/alpha-monster-advanced-reviews/
- 4 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 5 water filtration
- 6 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 7 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 8 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 9 Western Canada in August
- 10 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 11 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 12 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 13 Jasper with two elderly
- 14 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 15 Dempster highway in early September
- 16 jasper
- 17 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 18 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 19 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 20 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 21 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 22 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 23 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 24 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 25 Banff