My husband and I taking a trip to Cape Breton to catch a couple days of Celtic Colours in mid-October. We'll be driving from Manchester airport in New Hampshire and have 7 days (Sat-Sat) to see these 2 provinces.
Based on a 1 week itinerary this is what we've planned:
Day 1- Manchester to Hopewell Hill NB (8 hr drive)
Day 2- Explore Bay of Fundy and Fundy National Park
Day 3- Hopewell Hill to Baddeck NS
Day 4 Explore Cabot trail weather permitting; Celtic Colours concert in pm
Day 5- Baddeck to Halifax
Day 6- Explore Halifax-Lunenberg
Day 7- Halifax to Arcadia
Day 8 Arcadia to Manchester airport
I know this represents a lot of driving but we wanted to hit as much of the highlights of NS as possible in a week. We love the outdoors, scenery, hiking and seafood. I've read that Cape Breton is tops for scenery and hiking but subject to fog and my question is- given the choice, would you cut the Bay of Fundy stay by one day (catching low tide at Hopewell Rocks morning of Day 2 and exploring a bit of Bay of Fundy) and arrive to Cape Breton a day earlier? We'll be driving back through NB on the way back to NH so might be able to catch more of Bay of Fundy on the way home.
Also, if there are any seafood restaurant recommendations for Alma, Cape Breton, or Halifax.
Lastly, if there are recommended sights in NB during the drive from NH to Bay of Fundy?
We greatly appreciate any feedback on the itinerary and restaurant/sights advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Are you looking TIBCO Worldwide Marketing?
- 2 Toronto Wedding Limo
- 3 Limo Service Toronto
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 6 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 7 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 8 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 9 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 10 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 11 March in Montreal?
- 12 Eastern Canada in December
- 13 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 14 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 15 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 16 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 17 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 18 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 19 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 20 Tofino
- 21 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 22 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 23 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 24 11th and 12th grade
- 25 Vancouver trip report!