My husband and I taking a trip to Cape Breton to catch a couple days of Celtic Colours in mid-October. We'll be driving from Manchester airport in New Hampshire and have 7 days (Sat-Sat) to see these 2 provinces.
Based on a 1 week itinerary this is what we've planned:
Day 1- Manchester to Hopewell Hill NB (8 hr drive)
Day 2- Explore Bay of Fundy and Fundy National Park
Day 3- Hopewell Hill to Baddeck NS
Day 4 Explore Cabot trail weather permitting; Celtic Colours concert in pm
Day 5- Baddeck to Halifax
Day 6- Explore Halifax-Lunenberg
Day 7- Halifax to Arcadia
Day 8 Arcadia to Manchester airport
I know this represents a lot of driving but we wanted to hit as much of the highlights of NS as possible in a week. We love the outdoors, scenery, hiking and seafood. I've read that Cape Breton is tops for scenery and hiking but subject to fog and my question is- given the choice, would you cut the Bay of Fundy stay by one day (catching low tide at Hopewell Rocks morning of Day 2 and exploring a bit of Bay of Fundy) and arrive to Cape Breton a day earlier? We'll be driving back through NB on the way back to NH so might be able to catch more of Bay of Fundy on the way home.
Also, if there are any seafood restaurant recommendations for Alma, Cape Breton, or Halifax.
Lastly, if there are recommended sights in NB during the drive from NH to Bay of Fundy?
We greatly appreciate any feedback on the itinerary and restaurant/sights advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4us.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 4 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 5 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 6 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 7 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 8 Best Jasper Campground
- 9 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 10 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 11 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 12 Victoria in December
- 13 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 14 Opportunity for business loan
- 15 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 16 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 17 Nova Scotia - October
- 18 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 19 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 20 Across Canada by Train
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 23 Nova Scotia
- 24 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 25 Eating lobster