My husband and I taking a trip to Cape Breton to catch a couple days of Celtic Colours in mid-October. We'll be driving from Manchester airport in New Hampshire and have 7 days (Sat-Sat) to see these 2 provinces.
Based on a 1 week itinerary this is what we've planned:
Day 1- Manchester to Hopewell Hill NB (8 hr drive)
Day 2- Explore Bay of Fundy and Fundy National Park
Day 3- Hopewell Hill to Baddeck NS
Day 4 Explore Cabot trail weather permitting; Celtic Colours concert in pm
Day 5- Baddeck to Halifax
Day 6- Explore Halifax-Lunenberg
Day 7- Halifax to Arcadia
Day 8 Arcadia to Manchester airport
I know this represents a lot of driving but we wanted to hit as much of the highlights of NS as possible in a week. We love the outdoors, scenery, hiking and seafood. I've read that Cape Breton is tops for scenery and hiking but subject to fog and my question is- given the choice, would you cut the Bay of Fundy stay by one day (catching low tide at Hopewell Rocks morning of Day 2 and exploring a bit of Bay of Fundy) and arrive to Cape Breton a day earlier? We'll be driving back through NB on the way back to NH so might be able to catch more of Bay of Fundy on the way home.
Also, if there are any seafood restaurant recommendations for Alma, Cape Breton, or Halifax.
Lastly, if there are recommended sights in NB during the drive from NH to Bay of Fundy?
We greatly appreciate any feedback on the itinerary and restaurant/sights advice.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 릴게임사이트 ▼ 접속 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 알라딘 ≪접속주소 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 신천지 ◐ 도메인 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 4 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 5 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 6 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 7 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 8 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 9 Small group tour for my parents
- 10 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 11 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 12 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 13 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 14 Itinerary feedback, please
- 15 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 16 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 17 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 18 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 19 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 20 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 21 Best Way
- 22 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 23 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 24 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 25 Bay of Fundy