I have been reading many threads and replies on different forums and trying to make a plan for 4 nights. Experts, please have a look and modify it with whatever you feel, will be best. I will be doing camping for 4 nights. I wish, it should not rain . This trip is for last week of July, for a couple. We are not into long hiking, short one is ok. We are not into skiing.
Day-1 Reaching Calgary Airport at 1 and leave with rental car. I am not Gondola fan.
• I may reach Banff by 3 PM. What can I cover on this day till dark ?
• Will it be wise, if I stay at Lake Louise Campground instead of Banff CP (Tunnel Mountain), as it keep me close to other attractions of Yoho and towards Jasper ?
Day-2 Leaving to Yoho NP. Visit Bow Valley Parkway, Johnston Canyon, Takakkaw Falls. Back to base campground.
• I will have full day, how far should I go further on Trans Canada Hwy and backtrack ?
• Any other places to check out ?
Day-3 Pack tent and leave for Jasper. On the way along with all other attractions, Icefields Parkway, Icefields Parkway tour by Brewster, Maligne Canyon, Medicine Lake. Overnight stay in Wapiti campgrounds.
• Am I missing some "not to miss" places in and around Jasper ?
Day-4 Packup tent and leave for Banff.
• Should I directly drive down or I can do some side trips ? Usually, do people devide places to cover while going to Jasper and places to cover while coming back ?
• Parker Ridge Trail is worth to give some time ?
• Is it ok, if I spend dat at Jasper (and other attraction) till 4 and then head back to Banff Campground ?
Day-5 Pack tent and leave campground. My flight is in evening at 7 PM.
• What places should I cover on this day, I have full day to explore ?
Please feel free to move places and day according to most feasible options. Another option, if Jasper needs more attention, should I spend Day-4 (night) also in Jasper and drive back directly from Jasper to Calgary airport, reach by 5 ?
There are so many lakes, so many beautiful places. It is getting hard for me to choose most feasible route and places to fit in my short trip. Please help me in placing best possible places.
4 nights plan for Banff-Jasper and around area. Few questions......
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 2 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 3 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 4 Victoria Dining
- 5 Northern Lights
- 6 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 7 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 8 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 9 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 10 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 11 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 12 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 13 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 14 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 15 how to search for owls in winter
- 16 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 17 Help us see Vancouver island
- 18 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 19 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 20 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 21 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 22 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 23 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 24 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 25 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!