Any helpful tips/suggestions would be appreciated for must see places for a family traveling with 2 small children, (baby and 6 yr. old). Restaurants, rest stops, quickest route with nice scenery would be great.
Starting out from Portland, Maine on a Thursday and driving all the way to Halifax with a potential stop in St. John, NB. Staying in Halifax Thursday through Sunday morning. Driving to Yarmouth on Sunday and taking the ferry back to Portland on Monday. Halifax would be the base city with day trips that don't have too much time spent in the car. Scenery, light houses, ocean drive, quaint villages, and family friendly restaurants with great food is what we are hoping for. So much too see and not enough time but we would like to hit at least a few of the must see places.
Thank you in advance for any useful information.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about Whistler Gondolas
- 2 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Two week taster
- 5 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 6 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 7 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 8 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 9 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 10 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 11 Victoria Island
- 12 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 13 Accommodation in halifax
- 14 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 15 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 16 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 17 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 18 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 19 Translink and itinerary questions
- 20 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 21 Montreal Restaurants
- 22 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 23 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 24 Bay of Fundy
- 25 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US