Any helpful tips/suggestions would be appreciated for must see places for a family traveling with 2 small children, (baby and 6 yr. old). Restaurants, rest stops, quickest route with nice scenery would be great.
Starting out from Portland, Maine on a Thursday and driving all the way to Halifax with a potential stop in St. John, NB. Staying in Halifax Thursday through Sunday morning. Driving to Yarmouth on Sunday and taking the ferry back to Portland on Monday. Halifax would be the base city with day trips that don't have too much time spent in the car. Scenery, light houses, ocean drive, quaint villages, and family friendly restaurants with great food is what we are hoping for. So much too see and not enough time but we would like to hit at least a few of the must see places.
Thank you in advance for any useful information.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 2 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 3 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 7 March in Montreal?
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 10 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 11 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 12 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 13 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 14 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 15 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 16 Tofino
- 17 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 18 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 19 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 20 11th and 12th grade
- 21 Vancouver trip report!
- 22 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 23 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 24 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 25 looking to experience Canada by train