My wife and I will arrive in Halifax airport this Friday, July 1, at 10 pm. Leaving from Halifax on Tuesday at 4:45 pm. So we will have 3,5 days in Nova Scotia.
What will be the best itinerary for these days? We want to drive around, hike, see nature, picturesque towns... may be some kayaking, maybe some whale watching but it is not a must.
From reading other posts I understood that we can go either north to Cape Breton or south but I have nothing on which to base the decision. What would be the ideal itinerary for each direction?
Does it make sense to drive from the airport to Halifax? By the time we get a car it will already be 11 pm. Is Halifax itself is worth visiting?
Also, are there any special considerations for 4 of July weekend? Should I expect any problems finding accomodation?
3.5 days in Nova Scotia
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 9 days newfoundland
- 2 Advice trip to Canada
- 3 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 4 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 5 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 6 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 7 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 8 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 9 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 10 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 11 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 12 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 13 Help us see Vancouver island
- 14 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 15 Journey series CAD
- 16 Madrid or Montreal
- 17 Help with Kelowna
- 18 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 19 9 nights in Nfld
- 20 10 days in The Maritimes
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Vancouver
- 23 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 24 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see
- 25 Imminent travel to Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. Tips plz!