My wife and I will arrive in Halifax airport this Friday, July 1, at 10 pm. Leaving from Halifax on Tuesday at 4:45 pm. So we will have 3,5 days in Nova Scotia.
What will be the best itinerary for these days? We want to drive around, hike, see nature, picturesque towns... may be some kayaking, maybe some whale watching but it is not a must.
From reading other posts I understood that we can go either north to Cape Breton or south but I have nothing on which to base the decision. What would be the ideal itinerary for each direction?
Does it make sense to drive from the airport to Halifax? By the time we get a car it will already be 11 pm. Is Halifax itself is worth visiting?
Also, are there any special considerations for 4 of July weekend? Should I expect any problems finding accomodation?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 2 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 3 Two week taster
- 4 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 5 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 6 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 7 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 8 Translink and itinerary questions
- 9 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 10 Montreal Restaurants
- 11 Victoria Island
- 12 Traveling with your bike
- 13 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 14 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 15 Bay of Fundy
- 16 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 17 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 18 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 19 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 20 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 21 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 22 4 days in Montreal
- 23 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 24 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 25 Toronto hotel