My wife and I will arrive in Halifax airport this Friday, July 1, at 10 pm. Leaving from Halifax on Tuesday at 4:45 pm. So we will have 3,5 days in Nova Scotia.
What will be the best itinerary for these days? We want to drive around, hike, see nature, picturesque towns... may be some kayaking, maybe some whale watching but it is not a must.
From reading other posts I understood that we can go either north to Cape Breton or south but I have nothing on which to base the decision. What would be the ideal itinerary for each direction?
Does it make sense to drive from the airport to Halifax? By the time we get a car it will already be 11 pm. Is Halifax itself is worth visiting?
Also, are there any special considerations for 4 of July weekend? Should I expect any problems finding accomodation?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://brainfireadvice.com/rexburn/
- 2 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 3 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 4 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 5 Niagra Falls
- 6 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 7 First Time Trip to Canada
- 8 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 9 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 10 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 11 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 12 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 13 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 14 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 15 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 16 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 17 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 18 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 19 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 20 Road Trip to Calgary
- 21 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 22 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 23 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 24 Thousand Islands - Hiking
- 25 Seattle/ONP/Vancouver/Whistler