My wife and I will arrive in Halifax airport this Friday, July 1, at 10 pm. Leaving from Halifax on Tuesday at 4:45 pm. So we will have 3,5 days in Nova Scotia.
What will be the best itinerary for these days? We want to drive around, hike, see nature, picturesque towns... may be some kayaking, maybe some whale watching but it is not a must.
From reading other posts I understood that we can go either north to Cape Breton or south but I have nothing on which to base the decision. What would be the ideal itinerary for each direction?
Does it make sense to drive from the airport to Halifax? By the time we get a car it will already be 11 pm. Is Halifax itself is worth visiting?
Also, are there any special considerations for 4 of July weekend? Should I expect any problems finding accomodation?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Itinerary feedback, please
- 4 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 5 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 6 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 7 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Best Way
- 10 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 11 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 12 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 13 Bay of Fundy
- 14 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 15 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 16 First trip to Vancouver
- 17 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 18 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 19 Alberta Trip_2017
- 20 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 21 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
- 22 Best Way to travel from Calgary to Banff and back again
- 23 Calgary Stampede virgin
- 24 Fastest way Ottawa-Toronto
- 25 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help