I’m planning a 35-37 day road trip in May-June 2016. My boyfriend and I will be leaving from the Toronto area and plan to start in Quebec City. From there we'll head to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and PEI. Our hopes are to camp, kayak and hike as much as we can, rain or shine
I have an itinerary started but I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions on different campsites, how long to stay in different locations, different activities and attractions. What wineries or distilleries will be near us? Should we reserve campsites ? Thank you for reading
Day 1 – Drive from Toronto to Quebec City-explore Old Quebec City
Day 2 – Quebec City- Montmorency and Île d’Orléans, explore inner city
Day 3 – drive to Saint john or St Andrews?, stop at Grand Falls, Hartland, Axe, stay one night in Saint John or St Andrews?
Day 4 –Saint john to Digby, may not have time for the balancing rock and Brier island and might go straight to the ovens then to Lunenburg (where to stay in Lunenburg?)
Day 5 – Lunenburg, Mahone Bay, Chester
-Three churches, bluenose, Ironworks distillery
Day 6 – Lunenburg, blue rocks, Peggy’s cove and then leave for Halifax
Day 7 – Halifax
Day 8 –Halifax
Day 9 – leave Halifax to Tidal Bore Rivers, Tidal rafting tour, Masstown market? Anything else to see in the general area that’s close
Day 10 – Leave to Cape Breton-Corney Brook campground was recommended any other sites? Meat cove?
Day 11 – Cape Breton
Day 12 – Cape Breton
Day 13 – Cape Breton
Day 14 – Cape Breton
Day 15 – day trip to Louisbourg and North Sidney, leave for Newfoundland at night from North Sidney
Day 16 – Newfoundland
Day 17 – Newfoundland
Day 18 – Newfoundland
Day 19 – Newfoundland
Day 20 – Newfoundland
Day 21 – Newfoundland
Day 22 – Newfoundland
Day 23 – Newfoundland
Day 24 – Newfoundland
Day 25 – Newfoundland –leave for NS at night
Day 26- Arrive NS in am and drive to Caribou for PEI ferry, arrive in PEI
Day 27- PEI cottage rental for a few days, explore from there
Day 29- pei
Day 32 – Drive across bridge stop in Shediac for lobster pic and food, drive to magnetic hill, drive to Fundy National park
Day 33 – Hopewell rocks and Fundy national park
Day 34 –Stay at Fundy national park (campground suggest?)
Day 35 –
Day 37-Home at the latest
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 2 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 3 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 4 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 5 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 6 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 7 Banff to Jasper and back
- 8 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 9 Canmore for a few days
- 10 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 11 Keltic Lodge
- 12 The Canadian
- 13 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 14 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 15 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 16 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 17 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 18 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 19 East to West, Roadtrip
- 20 Tent camping with a dog
- 21 Help with Victoria get away
- 22 Help needed - Montreal/QC/Toronto Itinerary
- 23 Hotels in Vancouver and Calgary
- 24 car rental canada to alaska and return
- 25 West Coast Trail This May!