I’m arriving to Toronto next month, my 1st trip ever to Canada, for 2 weeks
The costs will be basically at the ‘low budget’ side (public transport, hostels etc), and plan to travel the so called ‘corridor’, up to Quebeck, stoping a little bit on the way, or doing some side-trips ex the big cities.
I understand that even public transport can be expensive, and distances are bigger than they look on the map on first sight
(I was thinking to skip taxis, tours etc forms of comfortable but expensive travel)
Do you think I could book everything on the spot (middle - end of May) if the prices are lower and there is availability, or should I prebook bus-train rides and hostels to save costs and guarantee a place?
I already own a guideboock, just started reading it, though your expertise would be valuable, to point me to right direction, also about choosing a few good stops outside the 4 big cities, easily accesible with public transport.
Thanks in advance guys!!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 2 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 3 Two week taster
- 4 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 5 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 6 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 7 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 8 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 9 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 10 Translink and itinerary questions
- 11 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 12 Montreal Restaurants
- 13 Victoria Island
- 14 Traveling with your bike
- 15 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 16 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 17 Bay of Fundy
- 18 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 19 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 20 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 21 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 22 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 23 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 24 4 days in Montreal
- 25 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?