I’m arriving to Toronto next month, my 1st trip ever to Canada, for 2 weeks
The costs will be basically at the ‘low budget’ side (public transport, hostels etc), and plan to travel the so called ‘corridor’, up to Quebeck, stoping a little bit on the way, or doing some side-trips ex the big cities.
I understand that even public transport can be expensive, and distances are bigger than they look on the map on first sight
(I was thinking to skip taxis, tours etc forms of comfortable but expensive travel)
Do you think I could book everything on the spot (middle - end of May) if the prices are lower and there is availability, or should I prebook bus-train rides and hostels to save costs and guarantee a place?
I already own a guideboock, just started reading it, though your expertise would be valuable, to point me to right direction, also about choosing a few good stops outside the 4 big cities, easily accesible with public transport.
Thanks in advance guys!!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 45th Birthday Getaway
- 2 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 3 Montreal & Quebec City - June/July
- 4 Layover in Toronto
- 5 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 6 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 7 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 10 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 11 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 12 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 13 Keltic Lodge
- 14 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 15 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 17 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 18 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 19 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 20 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 21 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 22 Banff to Jasper and back
- 23 Canmore for a few days
- 24 The Canadian
- 25 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?