My boyfriend and I have 2 to 3 weeks in BC/Alberta this month. We are planning on going skiing for 1 week (Big White). We are going to rent a car in Vancouver and drive to Big White, then we were planning on visiting Kelowna, (perhaps other places in the Okanagan valley, maybe wine tour??), Banff, Lake Louise, and possibly Jasper. We are on a budget and we've been looking online, there is some good accomodation deals at the moment which suits us!
We are just wondering whether it's possible to do much hiking/mountain biking at the moment or is it only skiing etc beause of the weather?? Also will the roads be ok up around Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper?
When back in Vancouver we plan to go to Vancouver Island for a night or two. Any suggestions at this time of year of good places to go?
We are still a little vague, and this is all a bit last minute. But any advice would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 2 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 3 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia