My boyfriend and are are doing a two month trip across Western USA and Canada, with a cruise to alaska. The dates for the cruise are fixed and weve booked some of the campsites (Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and Yellowstone) but can move some of the other days around. It looks like this so far;
5. Grand Canyon NP
6. Grand Canyon NP
7. Zion NP
8. Zion NP
9. Bryce NP
11.Drive through Grand Staircase Escalante NP, onto Capitol Reef NP
12.Arches NP / Moab
13.Arches NP / Moab
16.Salt Lake City
17.Salt Lake City / Mt Ogden
18.Grand Teton NP
19.Grand Teton NP
28.Jasper NP via Icefields Parkway
36.Vancouver / Seattle
37.Cruise leaving from Seattle 1600
44. Arrive in Seattle 0700
56.Fly to London
We haven't yet done that much research into the Canada part of the trip. We are planning on camping. Does anyone have any sites they recommend?
We'd like to do some canoeing, rafting, canyoning, biking, hiking, climbing, sky diving and anything else outdoorsy. All areas in Canada seem to offer most of these but we can't decide where to do what. Is there a preferred place for each? We would also like to do overnight raft or canoe trips if they are not too expensive.
We're looking to the Athabasca glacier tour. Is this worth doing if we are cruising to alaska?
Is there a preference over the gondolas / skytrams in jasper or whistler or are they both worth doing?
People have suggested spending less time in Jackson / Whistler and more in Lake Louise / Banff. Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://maxhealthtips.com/proshred-elite/
- 2 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 3 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 4 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 9 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 12 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 13 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 14 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 15 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 16 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 17 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 18 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 19 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 20 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 21 Pearson Airport logistics
- 22 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 23 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge