My boyfriend and are are doing a two month trip across Western USA and Canada, with a cruise to alaska. The dates for the cruise are fixed and weve booked some of the campsites (Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and Yellowstone) but can move some of the other days around. It looks like this so far;
5. Grand Canyon NP
6. Grand Canyon NP
7. Zion NP
8. Zion NP
9. Bryce NP
11.Drive through Grand Staircase Escalante NP, onto Capitol Reef NP
12.Arches NP / Moab
13.Arches NP / Moab
16.Salt Lake City
17.Salt Lake City / Mt Ogden
18.Grand Teton NP
19.Grand Teton NP
28.Jasper NP via Icefields Parkway
36.Vancouver / Seattle
37.Cruise leaving from Seattle 1600
44. Arrive in Seattle 0700
56.Fly to London
We haven't yet done that much research into the Canada part of the trip. We are planning on camping. Does anyone have any sites they recommend?
We'd like to do some canoeing, rafting, canyoning, biking, hiking, climbing, sky diving and anything else outdoorsy. All areas in Canada seem to offer most of these but we can't decide where to do what. Is there a preferred place for each? We would also like to do overnight raft or canoe trips if they are not too expensive.
We're looking to the Athabasca glacier tour. Is this worth doing if we are cruising to alaska?
Is there a preference over the gondolas / skytrams in jasper or whistler or are they both worth doing?
People have suggested spending less time in Jackson / Whistler and more in Lake Louise / Banff. Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 3 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 4 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 5 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 6 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 7 Temporary residency in Canada
- 8 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 9 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 10 water filtration
- 11 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 12 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 13 Western Canada in August
- 14 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 15 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 16 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 17 Jasper with two elderly
- 18 Dempster highway in early September
- 19 jasper
- 20 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 21 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 22 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 23 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 24 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 25 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston