Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 2 BC road trip advice
- 3 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 4 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 5 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 6 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 7 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 8 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 9 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 10 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 11 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 12 Traveling with your bike
- 13 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 14 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 15 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 16 Alberta Trip_2017
- 17 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 18 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 19 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 20 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 21 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 22 Baseball
- 23 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 24 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 25 Transportation from airport for 7
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)