Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver for Christmas
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)