Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 UK Lost Love spells +27614364221
- 2 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 3 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 4 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 5 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 12 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 13 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 14 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 15 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 16 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 17 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 18 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 19 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 20 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 21 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 22 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 23 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)