Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/skin-opulent/
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 6 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 7 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 8 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 9 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 10 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 11 Temporary residency in Canada
- 12 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 13 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 14 water filtration
- 15 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 16 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 17 Western Canada in August
- 18 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 19 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 20 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 21 Jasper with two elderly
- 22 Dempster highway in early September
- 23 jasper
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Toronto-afternoon tea
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)