Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.mindextra.com/regal-slim/
- 2 Layover in Toronto
- 3 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 4 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 5 Icefields Parkway
- 6 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 7 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 8 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 9 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 10 Keltic Lodge
- 11 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 12 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 13 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 15 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 16 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 17 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 20 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 21 Banff to Jasper and back
- 22 Canmore for a few days
- 23 The Canadian
- 24 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 25 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)