Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 2 Long Weekend Toronto
- 3 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 4 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 5 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 6 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 7 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 8 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 9 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 10 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 11 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 12 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 13 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 14 My first trip to Toronto
- 15 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 16 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 17 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 18 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 19 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 20 Cross border rental
- 21 Day or Weekend trips from Toronto
- 22 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 23 East Coast this July.
- 24 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 25 4 weeks in Canada
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)