Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)
- 1 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 2 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 3 Gros Morne accommodations
- 4 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 5 Almost 2 days in Vancouver....help!!!
- 6 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 7 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 8 Moncton start, Nova Scotia and PEI in 9 days
- 9 Nova Scotia ideas...
- 10 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 12 Two nights in Quebec City - hotel, restaurant, activity suggestions?
- 13 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 14 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 15 Calgary treats
- 16 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 17 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 18 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 19 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 20 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 21 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 22 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 23 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 24 DOG SLEDDING
- 25 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls