Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 2 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 3 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 4 Help us see Vancouver island
- 5 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 6 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 7 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 8 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 9 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 10 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 11 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 12 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 13 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 14 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 15 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 16 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 17 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 18 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 19 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 20 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 21 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 22 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 23 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 24 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 25 Halifax-PEI