Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff in early June
- 2 Quebec City in mid-November
- 3 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 4 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 5 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 6 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 7 Eastern Canada in December
- 8 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 9 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 10 Calgary
- 11 Tofino
- 12 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 13 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 14 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 15 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 16 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 17 Banff in October
- 18 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 19 Quebec City in autumn
- 20 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 21 Quebec City
- 22 Family ski holiday
- 23 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 24 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 25 Please help with BC itinerary
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)