Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 2 Hotels in Quebec City
- 3 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 4 Northern Lights
- 5 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 6 Flying from Toronto to London
- 7 Rental car
- 8 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 9 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 10 Montreal in April
- 11 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 12 Cross country drive
- 13 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 14 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 15 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 16 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 17 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 18 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 19 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 20 First family trip to Toronto.
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 24 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 25 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)