Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Car Rentals from Manchester, NH to Montreal
- 2 Need to fill in trip plans with one more destination near Vancouver
- 3 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 4 Getting to downtown from Brossard
- 5 Aging can now be Defeated Naturally
- 6 Layover In Toronto
- 7 review of hotel in Montral
- 8 Montreal Questions
- 9 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 10 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec
- 11 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 12 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 13 Embassy suite Niagara falls, how far is the walk to the casino?
- 14 Waterton National Park
- 15 Economy vs business on VIA rail?
- 16 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 17 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 18 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 19 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 20 Romantic destination in Canada
- 21 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 22 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 23 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 24 Vancouver
- 25 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)