My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip (including travel/flight time) to Nova Scotia in the summer from a Sunday to a Wednesday.
We are mainly interested natural scenery, nature photography and light hikes. A day of kayaking and/or time to relax at a beach area 1 day would be nice. We will be visiting a friend in Halifax for the weekend part of the trip (2 days) so we need shape the itinerary around that.
From the research I have done so far, these places caught my attention most:
-Cape Breton, 3-4 days (western coastal towns, Baddeck, Ingonish, Skyline and Cabot Trails)
-Advocate Harbour & Five Islands
-Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, Mahone Bay
-Halifax - 2 day weekend
Would like to see the Bay of Fundy from a location that would be a relatively short driving distance, and wondering if Advocate Harbour would accomplish that, or whether we need to view it elsewhere to get the full experience? Also, we are wondering whether a day or night on Prince Edward Island might be worthwhile or whether that will get in the way of our other priorities.
We can fly into Halifax airport on the Sunday and start our driving trip there, or can possibly take another flight to Sydney to get us closer to Cape Breton.
I would appreciate any feedback regarding creating an itinerary and any other advice. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BC or Alberta drives
- 2 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 3 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 4 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 5 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 6 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 7 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 8 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 9 Skiing in Whistler
- 10 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 11 lodging in whistler
- 12 Torino in february
- 13 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 14 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 15 My Family Travle Vlog
- 16 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 17 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 18 What is famous in canada?
- 19 Looking for fellow travellers
- 20 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 21 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 22 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 25 Across Canada by Train