My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip (including travel/flight time) to Nova Scotia in the summer from a Sunday to a Wednesday.
We are mainly interested natural scenery, nature photography and light hikes. A day of kayaking and/or time to relax at a beach area 1 day would be nice. We will be visiting a friend in Halifax for the weekend part of the trip (2 days) so we need shape the itinerary around that.
From the research I have done so far, these places caught my attention most:
-Cape Breton, 3-4 days (western coastal towns, Baddeck, Ingonish, Skyline and Cabot Trails)
-Advocate Harbour & Five Islands
-Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, Mahone Bay
-Halifax - 2 day weekend
Would like to see the Bay of Fundy from a location that would be a relatively short driving distance, and wondering if Advocate Harbour would accomplish that, or whether we need to view it elsewhere to get the full experience? Also, we are wondering whether a day or night on Prince Edward Island might be worthwhile or whether that will get in the way of our other priorities.
We can fly into Halifax airport on the Sunday and start our driving trip there, or can possibly take another flight to Sydney to get us closer to Cape Breton.
I would appreciate any feedback regarding creating an itinerary and any other advice. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supplements4us.com/letoile-cream/
- 2 Dinabol increase your muscle power
- 3 How to find Condo Townhouses for Sale Brampton ON?
- 4 You can increase the muscle strenght witrh the help of Bulking Stack
- 5 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 6 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 7 Best Jasper Campground
- 8 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 9 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 10 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 11 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 12 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 13 Victoria in December
- 14 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 15 Opportunity for business loan
- 16 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 17 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 18 Nova Scotia - October
- 19 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 20 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 23 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 24 Nova Scotia
- 25 Halifax/PE in 6 nights