Is it worth a drive trip from Cairns to Townsville? What are the recommended things to see along the way?
We're thinking of flying to Cairns from Sydney to snorkel the GBR and hike in Daintree and Cape Tribulation. And then do a day drive trip down the coast from Cairns to Townsvlle and fly from Townsville back to Sydney.
Is it worth the time and money for that drive? Probably a surchage for a one-way drop off of the rental car.
We have about 5 to 6 days total in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 "Bolthole" from Apocalypse
- 2 Australia & New Zealand in 10 days
- 3 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 4 South Island - 8 days
- 5 5 days in South Island
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 8 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 9 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 10 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 11 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 12 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 13 west and north Tasmania
- 14 Trip to Cairns
- 15 Beers in Oz
- 16 NZ visa denials
- 17 Brisbane to Sydney
- 18 Vini SIM card?
- 19 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 20 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 21 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 22 Help on Itinerary
- 23 Sydney Trip
- 24 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 25 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.