Is it worth a drive trip from Cairns to Townsville? What are the recommended things to see along the way?
We're thinking of flying to Cairns from Sydney to snorkel the GBR and hike in Daintree and Cape Tribulation. And then do a day drive trip down the coast from Cairns to Townsvlle and fly from Townsville back to Sydney.
Is it worth the time and money for that drive? Probably a surchage for a one-way drop off of the rental car.
We have about 5 to 6 days total in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Planning 2 weeks in Australia (Dec, 2015)
- 2 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 3 Phone card/prepaid phone
- 4 16 Days NZ Trip
- 5 9 Hour layover in Sydney, what to do?
- 6 Best route from Launceston to Cradle Mtn and return to Freycinet
- 7 Warrnambool AND Oddball.
- 8 18 days in New Zealand - Advise
- 9 Queenstown/Otango for 72 hours
- 10 February visit to scuba in Great Barrier Reef?
- 11 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 12 Queensland Tips
- 13 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 14 Wineries with accomodations
- 15 Drivers license
- 16 Road trip to Canberra and Sydney
- 17 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 18 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 19 South Island New Zealand 28 days in a motor home
- 20 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 21 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 22 Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora
- 23 Cell Phone/Data Service for NZ
- 24 Itinerary: Both Islands in 27 days
- 25 New Zealand, South Island, 2 weeks, intinerary help?