Is it worth a drive trip from Cairns to Townsville? What are the recommended things to see along the way?
We're thinking of flying to Cairns from Sydney to snorkel the GBR and hike in Daintree and Cape Tribulation. And then do a day drive trip down the coast from Cairns to Townsvlle and fly from Townsville back to Sydney.
Is it worth the time and money for that drive? Probably a surchage for a one-way drop off of the rental car.
We have about 5 to 6 days total in the area.
Worth driving from Cairns to Townsville?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in Tasmania
- 2 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 3 Help
- 4 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 5 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 6 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 7 Byron Bay or ...
- 8 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 9 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 10 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 11 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 12 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 13 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September