Is it worth a drive trip from Cairns to Townsville? What are the recommended things to see along the way?
We're thinking of flying to Cairns from Sydney to snorkel the GBR and hike in Daintree and Cape Tribulation. And then do a day drive trip down the coast from Cairns to Townsvlle and fly from Townsville back to Sydney.
Is it worth the time and money for that drive? Probably a surchage for a one-way drop off of the rental car.
We have about 5 to 6 days total in the area.
Worth driving from Cairns to Townsville?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 2 The Great Australian Adventure
- 3 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 4 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 5 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 6 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 7 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 8 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 9 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 10 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 11 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 12 5 week itinerary help
- 13 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 14 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 15 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 16 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 17 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 18 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 19 This special community - Fodorville
- 20 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 21 Traveling to Hawaii
- 22 Great food/local favorites
- 23 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 24 Sydney
- 25 5 min survey marketing assignment Palau