Is it worth a drive trip from Cairns to Townsville? What are the recommended things to see along the way?
We're thinking of flying to Cairns from Sydney to snorkel the GBR and hike in Daintree and Cape Tribulation. And then do a day drive trip down the coast from Cairns to Townsvlle and fly from Townsville back to Sydney.
Is it worth the time and money for that drive? Probably a surchage for a one-way drop off of the rental car.
We have about 5 to 6 days total in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 2 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 3 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 4 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 5 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 6 Travel to New Zealand
- 7 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 8 Tour operators
- 9 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 10 4 weeks itinerary
- 11 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 12 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 13 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 14 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 15 travel agency for PNG
- 16 Blue Mountains
- 17 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 18 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 19 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary
- 20 camper van tour.. 5 months itinery needed
- 21 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 22 Melbourne hotels
- 23 Car rental for Kangaroo Island
- 24 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 25 Where to go for 6 days after Sydney Congress