Is it worth a drive trip from Cairns to Townsville? What are the recommended things to see along the way?
We're thinking of flying to Cairns from Sydney to snorkel the GBR and hike in Daintree and Cape Tribulation. And then do a day drive trip down the coast from Cairns to Townsvlle and fly from Townsville back to Sydney.
Is it worth the time and money for that drive? Probably a surchage for a one-way drop off of the rental car.
We have about 5 to 6 days total in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 2 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 3 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 4 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 5 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 6 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 7 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 8 Apex car rental in Australia
- 9 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 10 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 11 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 12 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 13 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 14 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 16 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 17 Tasmania
- 18 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 19 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 20 Accommodations Brisbane
- 21 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 22 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 23 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 24 Repositioning cruise
- 25 18 days nz.