First time posting in the NZ forum. I have been following the discussions and trip reports here which are invaluable to my itinerary planning. I have a couple questions regarding routes:
1. We will be leaving from Springfield area to Kaikoura. Which route is more scenic or interesting after Waipara? via Chaviot? or the inland route via Waiau?
2. The next day, we will leave from Kaikoura to our accommodation outside of Motueka. We originally planned to take the Queen Charlotte Drive. However, I was advised that the inland route after Blenheim (Wairau valley and north from Saint Arnaud) is faster and easier. I looked at some images on Google and start to lean towards taking the inland route. Are we missing a lot by not taking the Queen Charlotte Drive?
Thank you very much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://menshealthcme.com/advanced-lash/
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 4 Best national park around Sydney
- 5 1 night stay around GOR
- 6 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 7 7 days in New Zealand
- 8 One-day hike in Milford area
- 9 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 NZ repeat visitors
- 12 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 13 South Island Suggestions
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 16 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 17 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 18 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 19 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound