First time posting in the NZ forum. I have been following the discussions and trip reports here which are invaluable to my itinerary planning. I have a couple questions regarding routes:
1. We will be leaving from Springfield area to Kaikoura. Which route is more scenic or interesting after Waipara? via Chaviot? or the inland route via Waiau?
2. The next day, we will leave from Kaikoura to our accommodation outside of Motueka. We originally planned to take the Queen Charlotte Drive. However, I was advised that the inland route after Blenheim (Wairau valley and north from Saint Arnaud) is faster and easier. I looked at some images on Google and start to lean towards taking the inland route. Are we missing a lot by not taking the Queen Charlotte Drive?
Thank you very much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://supplement4help.com/diabazole-reviews/
- 2 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 3 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 4 Kaikoura roads update
- 5 Free Camping
- 6 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 7 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 8 Clever, mischievous keas
- 9 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 10 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 11 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 12 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 14 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 15 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 16 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 17 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 18 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 19 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 20 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 21 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 22 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 23 Translation of documents
- 24 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 25 10 days NZ-crusie or land??