First time posting in the NZ forum. I have been following the discussions and trip reports here which are invaluable to my itinerary planning. I have a couple questions regarding routes:
1. We will be leaving from Springfield area to Kaikoura. Which route is more scenic or interesting after Waipara? via Chaviot? or the inland route via Waiau?
2. The next day, we will leave from Kaikoura to our accommodation outside of Motueka. We originally planned to take the Queen Charlotte Drive. However, I was advised that the inland route after Blenheim (Wairau valley and north from Saint Arnaud) is faster and easier. I looked at some images on Google and start to lean towards taking the inland route. Are we missing a lot by not taking the Queen Charlotte Drive?
Thank you very much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Itinerary questions on dream holiday
- 2 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 3 Real estate question
- 4 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 5 Food to Try Out
- 6 Whale Watching - Port Stephens NSW vs. Hervey Bay QLD
- 7 Queenstown-Mt Cook road
- 8 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 9 7 night NZ, south island for active couple
- 10 Wainui Falls
- 11 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 12 Sydney Neighborhood for Nightlight and Sightseeing
- 13 Come join me on Rapa Nui, or Easter Island...
- 14 More authentic experience of Maori culture
- 15 Day trips from Wellington
- 16 2-week NZ Itinerary Questions
- 17 Agrodome Farm Tour
- 18 Recommended length of time for mother to visit me in NZ?
- 19 Please help create an itinerary in NZ's SI
- 20 3 days on North Island, NZ
- 21 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 22 Kayak or cruise Milford Sound?
- 23 New Zealand with teenagers
- 24 Western Australia + Where?
- 25 Family Budget Vacation