We will be flying to Cairns in mid-January & will be in the area for 5 nights (we don't get into Cairns until 9:30 p.m. on our 1st night). We want to go to the Great Barrier Reef (neither of us snorkel or scuba, but we understand there is a semi-submersible) & Daintree. Kuranda also sounds interesting. Can we get all that in (assume 1st full day we will not be functioning after long flight)? Also, should we stay in Cairns? Read about Il Palazzo Boutique apartments which sounded nice. Anyone have recommendations for good tour operators to GBR & Daintree? Also any other recommendations for places to stay. From Cairns we will go to Sydney for 5 days & then a 16 day cruise which stays 2 days in Melbourne & the rest of the stops are in New Zealand ending in Auckland. Thanks for any help with this itinerary.
Where to stay & what do near the Great Barrier Reef
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 2 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 5 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 8 Packing List
- 9 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 10 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 11 Sydney and Auckland
- 12 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 13 Internet access
- 14 Night Out Byron Bay
- 15 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 16 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 17 10 days itinerary
- 18 Fremantle my love..
- 19 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 20 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 21 Books?
- 22 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 23 Choosing a Visa
- 24 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 25 One spare day in Darwin