We (mom, dad, 2 college age kids) will be in Abel Tasman for 2 days in January, as part of our 3 week NZ trip. After Abel Tasman, we were planning to drive from there to Fox Glacier in one day, but I'm told that is too far to realistically accomplish.
Is that true? If so, where can we stay for a one night stopover that is not more than 2 hours from Abel Tasman? This would be just to knock some time off the next day's drive. We will be driving in the late afternoon/early evening after a day at the park, so I don't want to push it too far.
Likewise, after a day spent at Fox Glacier, we will be heading to Queenstown where we will spend 3 nights. Is it possible to do this drive in one day? I do not want to stop at Wanaka for the night (which seems like the usual advice for a stopover on this trip), as our schedule is pretty tight. So would driving from Fox Glacier to Haast at the end of the day be feasible/advisible? Again, it's just to cut the amount of drive time to Queenstown the next day.
Suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 west and north Tasmania
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 Trip to Cairns
- 4 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 5 Beers in Oz
- 6 NZ visa denials
- 7 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 8 Brisbane to Sydney
- 9 5 days in South Island
- 10 Vini SIM card?
- 11 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 12 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 15 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 16 Help on Itinerary
- 17 Sydney Trip
- 18 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 19 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 20 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 21 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 22 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 23 Extra 2 nights = help
- 24 February Australia Visit
- 25 Best wildlife near sydney
Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?