We (mom, dad, 2 college age kids) will be in Abel Tasman for 2 days in January, as part of our 3 week NZ trip. After Abel Tasman, we were planning to drive from there to Fox Glacier in one day, but I'm told that is too far to realistically accomplish.
Is that true? If so, where can we stay for a one night stopover that is not more than 2 hours from Abel Tasman? This would be just to knock some time off the next day's drive. We will be driving in the late afternoon/early evening after a day at the park, so I don't want to push it too far.
Likewise, after a day spent at Fox Glacier, we will be heading to Queenstown where we will spend 3 nights. Is it possible to do this drive in one day? I do not want to stop at Wanaka for the night (which seems like the usual advice for a stopover on this trip), as our schedule is pretty tight. So would driving from Fox Glacier to Haast at the end of the day be feasible/advisible? Again, it's just to cut the amount of drive time to Queenstown the next day.
Suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://womenshealthclaimed.com/priamax/
- 2 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 7 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 8 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 9 North and South Island of NZ
- 10 The southern lights
- 11 Mel's NZ Photos
- 12 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 13 August Honeymoon Help?
- 14 How to split up Australia?
- 15 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 16 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 17 Brisbane to Sydney
- 18 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 19 East Coast Australia
- 20 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 21 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 22 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 23 Marlborough Sounds
- 24 Blue mountain in July
- 25 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?