we are a family of father, mother, 6 yo and 2.5 yo. We were all set to go to Japanese Alps (about 500km or 250 miles away from the nuclear plant) late June - July. But now that the whole nuclear thing is rated a 7 and not dying down, I am cancelling my plan since we do have 2 young kids in tow.
Some of my family is based in Brisbane, so I am thinking of flying there and roughly basing ourselves there. But I'm not sure what we can do not far from Brisbane. We come from super polluted, cramped, humid and hot Jakarta, so we look for outdoor spaces for the kids to run around, walkable cities, temperate weather (we like cold, just not freezing or scorching hot like Brisbane in December . Some of the places we've been to and enjoyed: Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Brugge, Brisbane, Zurich, Queenstown, Japanese villages. Some of the places I don't find as pleasant: Venice, Athens, Tokyo.
We are not big skiers, so we are not looking to do winter sports. I know we are gonna spend some time in Brisbane just to relax, do some shopping, let the kids go to the playground.
Is it warm enough for us to go to the Great Barrier Reef? Can the kids swim and play in the water? If you mention Cairns, would you mind being more specific on which places to go? It doesn't have to be super kid friendly at all.
Thanks so much if you've made it this far.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 2 http://onlinehealthmarkets.com/intellex-plus/
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 8 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 9 North and South Island of NZ
- 10 The southern lights
- 11 Mel's NZ Photos
- 12 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 13 August Honeymoon Help?
- 14 How to split up Australia?
- 15 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 16 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 17 Brisbane to Sydney
- 18 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 19 East Coast Australia
- 20 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 21 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 22 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 23 Marlborough Sounds
- 24 Blue mountain in July
- 25 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit