I will be spending a week in Brisbane in early August. I have a week free after that to explore this part of the world. I have been to Australia before and have gone to Sydney, Alice Springs and Perth. After the Brisbane trip we are considering Darwin, the Great Barrier Reef or New Zealand. My co-worker has already been to the Great Barrier Reef so he is leaning toward NZ. My worry is that it will be too cold there? Anyone have any thoughts? Is there somewhere in this region we forgot about and really should check out? New Caledonia? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 2 9 days in Fiji
- 3 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 4 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 5 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 6 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 7 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 8 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 9 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 10 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 11 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 12 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 13 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
- 14 Australia Trip Report: Hayman Island/SCUBA/GBR (part 5)
- 15 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 16 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 17 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 18 Dining Solo in Australia's capital cities?
- 19 Sydney - inner west & eastern suburbs - local gems
- 20 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 21 Pre cruise Sydney hotel recommendations
- 22 Wineglass Bay Cruise V Peppermint Bay Cruise
- 23 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 24 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 25 Worth giving up a day in Wanaka?
Where to go after Brisbane? Darwin, Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand