DH and I have decided to go away for Easter long weekend and are having trouble deciding where to go. We live in Sydney and would like to drive no more than about 2 hours to our destination.
I know we have left this way too late....and to complicate matters, we only want to be away Friday and Saturday night. It seems that some places only take bookings for three nights over the long weekend.
We enjoy outdoorsy type activities and my husband is an avid photographer. We would consider taking our mountain bikes if there are great trails nearby.
I readily admit that I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to accommodation. I do like a bit of luxury! Our budget per night would be right around $300.
Locales currently under consideration are Jervis Bay, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley (have been several times before though) and the Central Coast.
Any recommendations for us?
Where 'o where should we go over Easter Long weekend??
- 1 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 2 New Zealand South Island (mostly) Trip Report
- 3 Tasmanian West Coast
- 4 Sydney hotel
- 5 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 6 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 7 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 8 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 9 Hotels in Australia
- 10 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 11 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 12 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 13 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 14 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 15 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 16 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 17 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 18 Micronesia- when to visit
- 19 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 20 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 21 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 22 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 23 1st trip to New Zealand
- 24 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 25 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?