DH and I have decided to go away for Easter long weekend and are having trouble deciding where to go. We live in Sydney and would like to drive no more than about 2 hours to our destination.
I know we have left this way too late....and to complicate matters, we only want to be away Friday and Saturday night. It seems that some places only take bookings for three nights over the long weekend.
We enjoy outdoorsy type activities and my husband is an avid photographer. We would consider taking our mountain bikes if there are great trails nearby.
I readily admit that I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to accommodation. I do like a bit of luxury! Our budget per night would be right around $300.
Locales currently under consideration are Jervis Bay, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley (have been several times before though) and the Central Coast.
Any recommendations for us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 5 Flood Emergency Services
- 6 7 days in New Zealand
- 7 Hamilton Island
- 8 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 9 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 10 16 Days on the South Island
- 11 Need help in Auckland
- 12 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 13 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 14 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 15 Uber in Sydney
- 16 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 17 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 18 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 19 Darwin Accomodations
- 20 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 21 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 22 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 23 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 24 The Red Center?
- 25 Trip to Cairns