DH and I have decided to go away for Easter long weekend and are having trouble deciding where to go. We live in Sydney and would like to drive no more than about 2 hours to our destination.
I know we have left this way too late....and to complicate matters, we only want to be away Friday and Saturday night. It seems that some places only take bookings for three nights over the long weekend.
We enjoy outdoorsy type activities and my husband is an avid photographer. We would consider taking our mountain bikes if there are great trails nearby.
I readily admit that I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to accommodation. I do like a bit of luxury! Our budget per night would be right around $300.
Locales currently under consideration are Jervis Bay, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley (have been several times before though) and the Central Coast.
Any recommendations for us?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 3 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 4 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 5 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 6 Kaikoura roads update
- 7 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 8 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 9 Clever, mischievous keas
- 10 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 12 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February