I've started budget planning for a trip to Australia. I've noticed various rates for accommodation depending on whether it's peak or shoulder season. We're planning to go to Sydney, Tasmania (after all the good advice I got here!) and probably the Sunshine coast area in mid-February to mid-March (approximate dates). Would that be considered peak season in those areas? Shoulder season? We've travelled a lot in Mexico - that's definitely peak season down there, but I don't know about Australia. Thanks.
What is peak season and shoulder season in Australia?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 4 Should we change our plans ???
- 5 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 6 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 7 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 8 Kangaroo island
- 9 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 10 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 11 Itinerary 20 days
- 12 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 13 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 14 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 15 One day in Fiji
- 16 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 17 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 18 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 19 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 20 Rent or buy campervan
- 21 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 22 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 23 South Island NZ: First 2 weeks of November
- 24 Cell phone providers
- 25 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help