We will be in NZ from April 15th till May 7th. Driving from Auckland to Queenstown and back. So I am guessing we will be in Kiakoura around May 1st on our return journey. Our main reason to stop at Kiakoura is to see whales/dolphins. Can we see them at that time of the year ?
I read somewhere that you can swim with the dolphins. Do they mean wild dolphins or tamed ones in Kiakoura ? My kids (ages 6 and 8) would love that.
If sightings are not possible during that time of the year, can we skip that place and move forward ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 2 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 3 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 4 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 5 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 7 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 8 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 9 help with intinerary please!
- 10 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 11 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 12 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 13 Quaint
- 14 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 15 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 16 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 17 Western Australia + Where?
- 18 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 19 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 20 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 21 A few days in Darwin
- 22 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 23 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 24 Ride sharing Service
- 25 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG