We will be in NZ from April 15th till May 7th. Driving from Auckland to Queenstown and back. So I am guessing we will be in Kiakoura around May 1st on our return journey. Our main reason to stop at Kiakoura is to see whales/dolphins. Can we see them at that time of the year ?
I read somewhere that you can swim with the dolphins. Do they mean wild dolphins or tamed ones in Kiakoura ? My kids (ages 6 and 8) would love that.
If sightings are not possible during that time of the year, can we skip that place and move forward ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 west and north Tasmania
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 Trip to Cairns
- 4 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 5 Beers in Oz
- 6 NZ visa denials
- 7 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 8 Brisbane to Sydney
- 9 5 days in South Island
- 10 Vini SIM card?
- 11 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 12 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 15 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 16 Help on Itinerary
- 17 Sydney Trip
- 18 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 19 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 20 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 21 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 22 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 23 Extra 2 nights = help
- 24 February Australia Visit
- 25 Best wildlife near sydney