I know there is a lot of information on whale watching available but I happened to find a tour in Fodors north of Sydney for only $35. And it was guarantied. Problem is we may decide not to tour sydney on account we are worried the weather may be too cold and we dont want to carry a lot of extra wool for only a fraction of our trip.
Anyway, I was curious if anyone knew any cheap tours in the Cairns area to see Whales and if Cairns was even a good place to see them?
Thanks and any other advice will be great.
still very early in the planning process.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
Whale watching in (late Aug) / (early Sept) Cairns to Sydney