I'll be traveling to the south island, New Zealand in October and want to know if I should plan to visit the west coast or moreso the Mt. Cook/Dundedin/Akaroa area. I'll be including Queenstown/Milford Sound in both itineraries. I've read that New Zealand is predicted to have an El Nino type of effect in the spring, which means winds continuing to blow in from the south west. I know overall, that the west coast tends to be a bit more rainy, but I believe that the west coast is more spectacular in terms of scenery. I don't think it would be too much fun, however, if there was substantial rainy wet weather. What type of weather does the Mt Cook area or Dunedin get around that time of year? I just wanted to see if Mt Cook was a bit drier before I book hotels and choose some activities. Since I'll only be there one week, I like to have things booked so I don't have to worry, so once I make an itinerary, I'll be sticking to it for the most part. Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Beard Czar reviewThe ingredients of the
- 2 Help with NZ Travel
- 3 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 4 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 5 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 6 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 7 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 8 Kaikoura roads update
- 9 Free Camping
- 10 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 11 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 12 Clever, mischievous keas
- 13 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 14 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 15 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 16 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 17 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 19 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 20 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 21 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 22 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 23 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 24 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 25 14 Day RV from Christchurch