I'll be traveling to the south island, New Zealand in October and want to know if I should plan to visit the west coast or moreso the Mt. Cook/Dundedin/Akaroa area. I'll be including Queenstown/Milford Sound in both itineraries. I've read that New Zealand is predicted to have an El Nino type of effect in the spring, which means winds continuing to blow in from the south west. I know overall, that the west coast tends to be a bit more rainy, but I believe that the west coast is more spectacular in terms of scenery. I don't think it would be too much fun, however, if there was substantial rainy wet weather. What type of weather does the Mt Cook area or Dunedin get around that time of year? I just wanted to see if Mt Cook was a bit drier before I book hotels and choose some activities. Since I'll only be there one week, I like to have things booked so I don't have to worry, so once I make an itinerary, I'll be sticking to it for the most part. Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 2 Are you looking Townsville Outboard Mechanic?
- 3 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/vitalpeak-xt-review/
- 4 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 5 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 6 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 7 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 8 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 9 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 10 North island New Zealand-help
- 11 Rarotonga
- 12 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 13 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 14 South Island trip in Oct.
- 15 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 16 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 17 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 18 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 19 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 20 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 21 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 22 A week in Fiji
- 23 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 24 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 25 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip