I am originally from India and currently residing in India with a USA passport. I am traveling with my family to NZ for 22 days in April. My wife and two kids (also originally from India) also have USA passports. Since USA is a visa waiver country we do not require visas for visiting NZ. NZ immigration website quotes the following:
People from some countries don't need a visitor visa to enter New Zealand. However, they are still required to provide:
1) travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
2) evidence of funds for maintenance
I have return tickets for 1). For 2) can I show the NZ dollars which I will be carrying (approximately $2,000) along with my credit cards. Or do I also need to show documents like my kid's school reports, employment in India etc. to show ties to India. Or these are not required ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 The southern lights
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 Mel's NZ Photos
- 8 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 9 August Honeymoon Help?
- 10 How to split up Australia?
- 11 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 12 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 15 East Coast Australia
- 16 North and South Island of NZ
- 17 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 18 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 19 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 20 Marlborough Sounds
- 21 Blue mountain in July
- 22 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 23 Tonga January Weather
- 24 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 25 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand