I am originally from India and currently residing in India with a USA passport. I am traveling with my family to NZ for 22 days in April. My wife and two kids (also originally from India) also have USA passports. Since USA is a visa waiver country we do not require visas for visiting NZ. NZ immigration website quotes the following:
People from some countries don't need a visitor visa to enter New Zealand. However, they are still required to provide:
1) travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
2) evidence of funds for maintenance
I have return tickets for 1). For 2) can I show the NZ dollars which I will be carrying (approximately $2,000) along with my credit cards. Or do I also need to show documents like my kid's school reports, employment in India etc. to show ties to India. Or these are not required ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Do Not Shop at Australian Opal Cutters in Sydney
- 2 Sydney Shopping
- 3 South Island - 8 days
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 5 days in South Island
- 6 New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 8 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 9 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 10 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 11 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 12 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 13 west and north Tasmania
- 14 Trip to Cairns
- 15 Beers in Oz
- 16 NZ visa denials
- 17 Brisbane to Sydney
- 18 Vini SIM card?
- 19 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 20 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 21 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 22 Help on Itinerary
- 23 Sydney Trip
- 24 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 25 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.