I am originally from India and currently residing in India with a USA passport. I am traveling with my family to NZ for 22 days in April. My wife and two kids (also originally from India) also have USA passports. Since USA is a visa waiver country we do not require visas for visiting NZ. NZ immigration website quotes the following:
People from some countries don't need a visitor visa to enter New Zealand. However, they are still required to provide:
1) travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
2) evidence of funds for maintenance
I have return tickets for 1). For 2) can I show the NZ dollars which I will be carrying (approximately $2,000) along with my credit cards. Or do I also need to show documents like my kid's school reports, employment in India etc. to show ties to India. Or these are not required ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 help with intinerary please!
- 2 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 3 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 4 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 5 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 6 Quaint
- 7 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 8 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 9 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 10 Western Australia + Where?
- 11 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 12 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 13 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 14 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 15 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 16 A few days in Darwin
- 17 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 18 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 19 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 20 Ride sharing Service
- 21 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 22 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 23 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 24 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?
- 25 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)