I am originally from India and currently residing in India with a USA passport. I am traveling with my family to NZ for 22 days in April. My wife and two kids (also originally from India) also have USA passports. Since USA is a visa waiver country we do not require visas for visiting NZ. NZ immigration website quotes the following:
People from some countries don't need a visitor visa to enter New Zealand. However, they are still required to provide:
1) travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
2) evidence of funds for maintenance
I have return tickets for 1). For 2) can I show the NZ dollars which I will be carrying (approximately $2,000) along with my credit cards. Or do I also need to show documents like my kid's school reports, employment in India etc. to show ties to India. Or these are not required ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 7 days in New Zealand
- 2 Hamilton Island
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 6 16 Days on the South Island
- 7 Need help in Auckland
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 9 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 12 Uber in Sydney
- 13 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 14 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 15 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 16 Darwin Accomodations
- 17 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 19 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 20 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 21 The Red Center?
- 22 Trip to Cairns
- 23 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 24 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 25 Kaikoura-Picton coast road