My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 2 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 3 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 4 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 5 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 6 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 7 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 8 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 9 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 10 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 11 16 days all over New Zealand
- 12 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 13 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 14 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 15 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 16 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 17 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 18 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 19 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 20 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 21 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 22 Question about the "Build Up"
- 23 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 24 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 25 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.