My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 2 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 3 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 4 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 5 Packages
- 6 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania
- 7 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 8 Should we change our plans ???
- 9 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 10 Victoria to Uluru - Trip Report
- 11 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 12 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 13 Tour/Travel Company-Goway
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 Kangaroo island
- 16 Itinerary 20 days
- 17 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 18 One day in Fiji
- 19 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 20 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Recommendations for kids travel book?
- 23 Rent or buy campervan
- 24 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 25 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors