My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 One day in Fiji
- 2 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 3 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 4 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 5 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 6 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 7 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 8 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 9 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 10 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 11 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 12 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 14 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 15 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 16 Hobart
- 17 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 18 Should we change our plans ???
- 19 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 20 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 21 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 22 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 23 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos
- 24 Packages
- 25 Trip itinerary-Sydney Melbourne Tasmania