My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 5 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 6 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 7 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 8 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 9 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 10 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 11 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 12 New Zealand itinerary help
- 13 Hotel in Sydney
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Melbourne Drive
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?