My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 2 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 3 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 4 16 days all over New Zealand
- 5 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 6 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 7 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 8 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 9 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 10 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 11 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 12 Question about the "Build Up"
- 13 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 14 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 15 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 16 Tipping
- 17 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 18 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 19 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 20 auckland connection
- 21 Five weeks in ANZ
- 22 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 23 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 24 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 25 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)