My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 2 14 days in NZ in February
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 5 Emirates and Jetstar
- 6 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 7 16 days all over New Zealand
- 8 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 9 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 10 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 11 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 12 Heading to Australia!
- 13 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 14 South Island Itinerary
- 15 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 16 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 17 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 18 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 19 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 20 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 21 victoria in march
- 22 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 23 Victoria with kids
- 24 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne
- 25 Egyptian Clay Bowl