My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Kangaroo island
- 2 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 3 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 4 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 5 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 6 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 7 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 8 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 9 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 10 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach
- 11 Photobook from trip to New Zealand
- 12 Best Island accessible from Port Denarau - 1 night
- 13 6 days and 5 nights in Fiji - recommended itinerary?
- 14 When to visit Great Barrier Reef
- 15 Does Anyone Visit Papua New Guinea
- 16 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 17 Is it possible to do highlights of Australia & NZ in 2 weeks?
- 18 NZ with elderly mom - itinerary help please!
- 19 Karijini (Paraburdoo) to Newman Airport
- 20 ETA website
- 21 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 22 Transfer time in Sydney between domestc and international?
- 23 Short Visit to Tasmania
- 24 do-able intinerary? (with kids)
- 25 Hotels in Sydney and Auckland