My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 2 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 3 still distorted. I
- 4 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 5 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 6 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 7 Paging Cathies
- 8 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 9 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 10 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 11 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 12 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 13 Weather ?
- 14 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 15 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 16 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 17 Itinerary Planning
- 18 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 19 South IslandItinerary Help
- 20 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 21 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 22 Sydney for 3 days
- 23 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 24 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 25 Conquering Great Walks