me and a friend are soon to be travelling the East Coast of Australia and were looking for some help on what to do while we're there!
We fly to Cairns on 20th January and fly out from Melbourne on 11th March so we're in Oz for about 7 weeks. We're thinking of getting the greyhound bus from Cairns - Sydney and then renting a campervan to drive / sleep in from Sydney to Melbourne.
We have friends in both Sydney and Melbourne so should be ok for places to stay there but we're a bit unsure what to do / where to stay from Cairns - Sydney. We're budgeting around 4600 Aus dollars for the duration. Is this enough? We want to do excursions like scuba diving / whitsundays / castaway and I think we might save skydiving / bungee jumping for New Zealand.
Any tips / advice would be greatly appreciated as we have very little experience travelling (we are currently in South East Asia for the first time) so need all the help we can get!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 3 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 4 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 5 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 6 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 7 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 8 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 9 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 10 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 11 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 12 One-day hike in Milford area
- 13 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 14 Best national park around Sydney
- 15 1 night stay around GOR
- 16 7 days in New Zealand
- 17 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 18 NZ repeat visitors
- 19 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 20 South Island Suggestions
- 21 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 22 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 23 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 24 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef