We are traveling to Australia in April for a wedding, which is taking place southwest of Melbourne (in Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove.) While a family member has offered to pick us up at the airport, it is just far enough that we feel like we're really inconveniencing them, so we're trying to figure out if we can handle transportation on our own. I can only seem to find airport shuttles that go as far as Geelong. While we could get picked up there, or take a bus/taxi from there, we're hoping to solve the issue with a single mode of transportation if possible. Also, we are considering renting a car - my husband is English, so driving on the "wrong" side of the road won't be a huge issue, but relatives are concerned that after flying in from Boston, we will be too tired to safely deal with it. And truthfully, we would prefer to outsource the driving if possible. (There are 3 of us: my husband, my 9-year-old daughter, and me.) Any suggestions/insider knowledge? Thanks!
Transport from Melbourne (airport) to Ocean Grove
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Paging Cathies
- 2 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 3 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 4 Byron Bay or ...
- 5 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 6 NZ vs Aust
- 7 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 8 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 9 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 10 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 11 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 12 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 13 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 14 August week end in Auckland
- 15 28 days to campervan around australia
- 16 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 17 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 18 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 19 Sydney Weather in September
- 20 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 21 South Island Suggestions ...
- 22 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 23 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 24 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 25 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies