We are traveling to Australia in April for a wedding, which is taking place southwest of Melbourne (in Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove.) While a family member has offered to pick us up at the airport, it is just far enough that we feel like we're really inconveniencing them, so we're trying to figure out if we can handle transportation on our own. I can only seem to find airport shuttles that go as far as Geelong. While we could get picked up there, or take a bus/taxi from there, we're hoping to solve the issue with a single mode of transportation if possible. Also, we are considering renting a car - my husband is English, so driving on the "wrong" side of the road won't be a huge issue, but relatives are concerned that after flying in from Boston, we will be too tired to safely deal with it. And truthfully, we would prefer to outsource the driving if possible. (There are 3 of us: my husband, my 9-year-old daughter, and me.) Any suggestions/insider knowledge? Thanks!
Transport from Melbourne (airport) to Ocean Grove
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cruise New Zealand
- 2 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?
- 5 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 6 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 7 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 8 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 9 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 10 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 11 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 12 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 13 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 14 Paihia or coromandel
- 15 Emirates and Jetstar
- 16 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 17 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 18 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 19 14 days in NZ in February
- 20 16 days all over New Zealand
- 21 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 22 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 23 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 24 Heading to Australia!
- 25 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed