We are traveling to Australia in April for a wedding, which is taking place southwest of Melbourne (in Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove.) While a family member has offered to pick us up at the airport, it is just far enough that we feel like we're really inconveniencing them, so we're trying to figure out if we can handle transportation on our own. I can only seem to find airport shuttles that go as far as Geelong. While we could get picked up there, or take a bus/taxi from there, we're hoping to solve the issue with a single mode of transportation if possible. Also, we are considering renting a car - my husband is English, so driving on the "wrong" side of the road won't be a huge issue, but relatives are concerned that after flying in from Boston, we will be too tired to safely deal with it. And truthfully, we would prefer to outsource the driving if possible. (There are 3 of us: my husband, my 9-year-old daughter, and me.) Any suggestions/insider knowledge? Thanks!
Transport from Melbourne (airport) to Ocean Grove
- 1 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 2 Hotels in Australia
- 3 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 4 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 5 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 6 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 7 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 8 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 9 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 10 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 11 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 12 Micronesia- when to visit
- 13 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 14 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 15 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 16 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 17 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 18 1st trip to New Zealand
- 19 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 20 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 21 South Island of New Zealand end of May?
- 22 Foodies, help! Melbourne Chinese Restaurant recommendations
- 23 Experience with GrabOne
- 24 Lone Traveler!
- 25 Know a good Charter Co. in French Polynesia?