We plan to take the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne somewhere around end of January / beginning of February 09. How important is it to book the Indian -Pacific train (traveling Red Service-Day/night seat) far in advance? I would like to keep our plan flexible in case we want to stay in WA longer. Does it usually fill up this time of year? Also, any must do's in Adelaide, Melbourne or Tasmania? ( We like to hike, bike, beaches/water sports, enjoy history and animals.) Also, haven't researched much about how to get to Tasmania from Melbourne, but the ferry sounds fun for one way. We plan to rent a camper and travel around Tasmania for about 3 weeks. Anyone had any experiences to share? Thanks for any insight.
Train reservations-Perth to Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne