We plan to take the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne somewhere around end of January / beginning of February 09. How important is it to book the Indian -Pacific train (traveling Red Service-Day/night seat) far in advance? I would like to keep our plan flexible in case we want to stay in WA longer. Does it usually fill up this time of year? Also, any must do's in Adelaide, Melbourne or Tasmania? ( We like to hike, bike, beaches/water sports, enjoy history and animals.) Also, haven't researched much about how to get to Tasmania from Melbourne, but the ferry sounds fun for one way. We plan to rent a camper and travel around Tasmania for about 3 weeks. Anyone had any experiences to share? Thanks for any insight.
Train reservations-Perth to Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 2 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 3 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 4 Ghan, Indian Pacific trains -- reserve ASAP
- 5 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 6 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 7 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 8 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 9 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 10 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 11 Accommodation Brisbane
- 12 Accommodation Brisbane
- 13 Happy Australia Day!
- 14 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 15 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 16 Tim Tam
- 17 Tipping
- 18 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 19 Transit Time at SYD
- 20 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 21 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 22 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 23 Car rentals south island
- 24 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 25 Brisbane, need short term accommodation