We plan to take the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne somewhere around end of January / beginning of February 09. How important is it to book the Indian -Pacific train (traveling Red Service-Day/night seat) far in advance? I would like to keep our plan flexible in case we want to stay in WA longer. Does it usually fill up this time of year? Also, any must do's in Adelaide, Melbourne or Tasmania? ( We like to hike, bike, beaches/water sports, enjoy history and animals.) Also, haven't researched much about how to get to Tasmania from Melbourne, but the ferry sounds fun for one way. We plan to rent a camper and travel around Tasmania for about 3 weeks. Anyone had any experiences to share? Thanks for any insight.
Train reservations-Perth to Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Darwin vs Cairns
- 2 Best/ Most beautiful/scenic GrayLine Tours in Australia and NZ?
- 3 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 4 Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney
- 5 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 6 First trip to NZ (2 weeks in Dec/Jan)
- 7 Skiing for beginners
- 8 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 9 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 10 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 11 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 12 Itinerary Help
- 13 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 14 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 15 Packing List
- 16 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 17 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 18 Sydney and Auckland
- 19 Internet access
- 20 Night Out Byron Bay
- 21 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 22 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 23 10 days itinerary
- 24 Fremantle my love..
- 25 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.