We plan to take the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne somewhere around end of January / beginning of February 09. How important is it to book the Indian -Pacific train (traveling Red Service-Day/night seat) far in advance? I would like to keep our plan flexible in case we want to stay in WA longer. Does it usually fill up this time of year? Also, any must do's in Adelaide, Melbourne or Tasmania? ( We like to hike, bike, beaches/water sports, enjoy history and animals.) Also, haven't researched much about how to get to Tasmania from Melbourne, but the ferry sounds fun for one way. We plan to rent a camper and travel around Tasmania for about 3 weeks. Anyone had any experiences to share? Thanks for any insight.
Train reservations-Perth to Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 2 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 3 The Great Australian Adventure
- 4 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 5 Taormina to Palermo
- 6 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 7 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 8 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 9 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 10 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 11 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 12 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 13 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 14 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 15 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 16 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 17 5 week itinerary help
- 18 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 19 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 20 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 21 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 22 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 23 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 24 This special community - Fodorville
- 25 New Zealand -help with itinerary