We plan to take the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne somewhere around end of January / beginning of February 09. How important is it to book the Indian -Pacific train (traveling Red Service-Day/night seat) far in advance? I would like to keep our plan flexible in case we want to stay in WA longer. Does it usually fill up this time of year? Also, any must do's in Adelaide, Melbourne or Tasmania? ( We like to hike, bike, beaches/water sports, enjoy history and animals.) Also, haven't researched much about how to get to Tasmania from Melbourne, but the ferry sounds fun for one way. We plan to rent a camper and travel around Tasmania for about 3 weeks. Anyone had any experiences to share? Thanks for any insight.
Train reservations-Perth to Melbourne
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 2 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 3 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 4 Itinerary Help
- 5 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 6 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 7 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 8 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 9 Packing List
- 10 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 11 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 12 Sydney and Auckland
- 13 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 14 Internet access
- 15 Night Out Byron Bay
- 16 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 17 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 18 10 days itinerary
- 19 Fremantle my love..
- 20 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 21 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 22 Books?
- 23 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 24 Choosing a Visa
- 25 Australia & NZ -3 weeks