We plan to take the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Adelaide and then on to Melbourne somewhere around end of January / beginning of February 09. How important is it to book the Indian -Pacific train (traveling Red Service-Day/night seat) far in advance? I would like to keep our plan flexible in case we want to stay in WA longer. Does it usually fill up this time of year? Also, any must do's in Adelaide, Melbourne or Tasmania? ( We like to hike, bike, beaches/water sports, enjoy history and animals.) Also, haven't researched much about how to get to Tasmania from Melbourne, but the ferry sounds fun for one way. We plan to rent a camper and travel around Tasmania for about 3 weeks. Anyone had any experiences to share? Thanks for any insight.
Train reservations-Perth to Melbourne
View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 2 14 days in NZ in February
- 3 Emirates and Jetstar
- 4 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 5 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 6 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 7 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 8 16 days all over New Zealand
- 9 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 10 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 11 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 12 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 13 Heading to Australia!
- 14 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 15 South Island Itinerary
- 16 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 17 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 18 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 19 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 20 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 21 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 22 victoria in march
- 23 3 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 24 Victoria with kids
- 25 Puffing billy day trip from Melbourne